Search results

1. ckimble

Tropic Marin smells like bleach

Quick question for you Tropic Marin users out there... Based on several others recommendations I bought a new tub of TM to try. When I opened the tub it had a very strong chlorine smell. I went ahead and started mixing a batch anyway. It's been about 4 hours and the water is extremely cloudy...
  2. ckimble

90g Reef - Learning as I go

Hey all, Thought I would share my attempt at starting a 90g reef setup. This weekend I ran the plumbing for the sump and leak tested the whole system. I ran the system for 24 hours and all looks good. I came close to flooding the floor when I turned everything off though. I got some siphon...
  3. ckimble

Wet testing the plumbing?

Simple question, is it safe to use tap water to wet test a new setup. I want to make sure I dont have leaks, flow is balanced, etc.. If I need to drain and modify, it would be nice to do it with tap water and not 90+ gallons of RO/DI Obviously I would drain and replace with the good stuff...
  4. ckimble

PC lighting for 75g tank

Hey all, I am just getting started building my shopping list for my newly aquired 75G tank. I am trying to keep costs low for my first attempt at a reef tank. I have been doing plenty of reading about equipment and understand MH is the definate way to go for lighting. However, I am having...
  5. ckimble

making the plunge...

Hey all. Got a 75Gal tank and stand for Xmas and getting educated on starting a reef tank. This site appears to have a wealth of info to get me started... Take care