Search results

1. F

Mushrooms - Cool or Bad Thingys?

Actually I found a few in my refugium a couple of months ago. I just used a turkey baster and sucked as many off as I could find. Every time I'd look in there and see one I sucked him up. Eventually I quit seeing them. They never did any harm to my tank but I hear they can really ravage SPS...
  2. F

Mushrooms - Cool or Bad Thingys?

Flat worms. No good. :guns: I hear sailfert flat worm exit works wonders if used correctly.
  3. F

Houses are expensive = Reef super sale

Hey Kyle, I'd probably let half of the candy cane + one mushroom polyp go for about $50. The ricordeas actually have several mouths on each polyp. I'd prefer to sell locally but if I can't I'll keep you in mind for shipping them out. Thanks!
  4. F

I'll keep that in mind, thanks!
  5. F

Hey thanks! It's actually only about 1/2 way opened up in that picture. Some of the bigger heads get huuuuuge when they open all the way!
  6. F

Hey folks, I'm in the process of buying a house and will be selling my reef in bits and pieces or as a whole to help fund the process. I have a lot of different types of corals that are all doing well that'll need a good home as well as 2 false percs, a 6-line wrasse and a yellow watchman goby...
  7. F

which gobby

My yellow watchman is very shy. When I'm not around he does sift sand a little but not as much as some others.
  8. F

Here they are!!!

:drooool: :drooool: :drooool: :drooool: :drooool: :drooool: :drooool: :drooool: :drooool: :drooool:
  9. F

Chiller solution for 29g tank with no sump?

What do you keep your room temperature at? I'm a bit of a nut and keep my place around 74 and I never have heat problems even with about 7 watts/gal.
  10. F

335 Gallon Tank, Stand, Canopy (SoCal, OC)

That would be gone if it was in the midwest.....:guns:
  11. F

Are these bulbs any good?

Yup, bought their halide retrofit kit too.
  12. F

Are these bulbs any good?

I'm using the 10K 175W plusrite bulb that they sell. It's been in for 6 months with absolutely no problems. Color is just as good as what I see anywhere else. Corals are growing great. Just my 2C, good luck!
  13. F

zoanthaus lighting

37gal tall cube, 175 watt 10k metal halides + 72w pc actinics.... Coral list...... pumping xenia, christmas favia, brown and green favia, green eyed leptastrea, lavender eyed leptastrea, candy cane, torch, frogspawn, orange plating montepora, green fuzzy pocillepora, 3 color acro, metallic...
  14. F

zoanthaus lighting

Mine's been up for 6 months. Not really buying in local frags right now. Don't know too many folks selling. I buy a lot online and when I see good deals at the lfs's. Keep me updated and maybe we can swap some lata.
  15. F

zoanthaus lighting

Yup! Plenty! Start them at the bottom of the tank, then slowly move them closer to the top. See if they like more or less light and then leave them where they like it most. Where in Indiana do you live? I'm in bloomington.
  16. F

Quick update on the transfer

My clowns are blonde as well.
  17. F

a mockup of my scaping

Haha, sweet drawings! :clink: In a 30 gal I'd prob just use copious amounts of epoxy putty and take my time stacking them. Just my 2c.
  18. F

Macro Harvest, dinner anyone??

MMMMMM.... seaweed salad. mmmmmmm
  19. F

Stupid Turbo Snail

The clam should recover. You need to get some super glue or epoxy based putty to attach your corals. Your snails will keep turning corals over until you fix them to the rocks, it's just what they do... trying to find some good munchies in a place that the other snails haven't found.
  20. F

Just a thought

Maybe it is because the parameters have been more stable than with the water changes. No abrubt changes in salinty, ph, calcium ect to cause stress. I could imagine that some of your levels are being depleted, like calc and alk. You could also slowly be building nitrates!