Search results

1. A

Red sea max 650- what filter media to use???

Ive got some purgien ready but just havnt put it in yet, ive got sone matrix to so migth start to use that aswell. Have to do some research on the marine block never heard off that before. Thanks for the reply
  2. A

Red sea max 650- what filter media to use???

Hi looking for some advice for my red sea max 650. I run rowaphos in a reactor but i was wondering what other filter media people use and in what volume???
  3. A

Steves led rsm 650 kit help...

2nd that, greg is a hero !
  4. A

hi guys, thanks for trying to helpme out. i looked at the unit and it had 110/240 stamped on it, then i see a small red switch on the side and clicked it over to 240 :) i plugged it to try it and it seems to power up. the drivers have blue ligths on them but wont come on as ive flicked the...
  5. A

ok no probs i think youve helped me enough anyway lol, ive found a adapter in the house so it will fit a uk 3pin plug, but i darnt plug it in incase i blow it up if its only meant to be 110v lol. hopefully steve will email me shortly as its been about a week now
  6. A

im from the uk, so 3pin. i thought us was all 2pin. it wont plugin to my rsm650 control power box timer thinggy lol. but the box is set to 110v it looks like???? uk is 240v???
  7. A

ok great, i seem to have cracked that. i just read on his website they just push in also just seems abit strange by lookingat it you wouldnt think it lol. i now have anther problem, i think i may be somthing missing?? my power unit has this plug on it(see pic) but its not american 2 pin or uk...
  8. A

Just push them in, how will they hold thou lol? But thank you so much for the fast response and help, couldnt off done it with out you as i literally had no instructions, it would off been simply if they just stuck a a4 picece off paper with a few minor details on like what wire goes to what...
  9. A

thanks goma hopfully i should be on track now. oh apart from i just looked migth sound stupid but how do i actully connect the wires to the pins??? its meant to be a solderless kit???
  10. A

oh just looked again pin 5 and 2 are the same on both pcs so doesnt matter lol
  11. A

goma, thank you very much for helping me out, im goin to give that a go after dinner. just one thing, i noticed the pic you but up off the driver is slightly different to mine on terimal one. my order off pins goes g,g,g,24v,dim,5v your pic goes 24v,g,g,g,dim,5v. but am i right in thinking...
  12. A

ok here goes lol. rigth 1st pic, this shows the leds mainly fitted, ive took them back out. but basically the kit con-sis off 2 ally tube/heat sink with a fan on each end. both have two drivers side by side. so four in total. this nxt pic shows the drivers and how they are wired...
  13. A

Im gunner take some pics and upload them to make it abit easyer to explain, please bear with me, I agree mdk16, its sold 99% complete solderless kit but no proper instuctrions its abit dissapionting as its still not cheap! Hopefully ill get it sorted with help on here as i still have no...
  14. A

No its this one. Hope the link works lol http://www.stevesleds.com/uploads/Quad_LED_Driver_Guide_V7.0_22114.pdf
  15. A

Have to double check when im home but no i dont think it is, it only has 3 main black blocks on there if you no what i mean. I no the one with four is the dimmer knobs which is in the middle, the block to the rigth is for the leds i think, and the block on the left is for the controller but i...
  16. A

No problem, thanks for replying anyway
  17. A

ok mate ill give that a shot, thanks
  18. A

hi guys im from the uk, ive got my steves led kit for my rsm 650. i brought it 99% complete. ive installed everything but need help with the tyhoon controller. ive emailed steves site but its been nearly a week now and ive had no reply. the 650 has the PUNCHLED Quad Driver i think lol. i...
  19. A

can you buy red sea cabniets on there own??

hi does anyone no if you can buy a s650 cabinet on its own??? thanks
  20. A

my new rsm 250

hi guys, thanks for all the kind comments. hoppfully when my corals grow my tank will look ace. i thought about getting a auto top up to help me with the skimmer, but ive read mixed reviews on them so not sure what the best one is?? and it adds anther expense, i migth get one later down the...