Search results

1. A

overflow problem please help?

THank you I fixed it! It did have to do with the pre filter. It was filthy! I'm an idiot but I'm learning!
  2. A

overflow problem please help?

I know it's probably already posted somewhere here, but I can't find it! I have a hang on the back overflow....the u shaped kind. Now whenever I start back up after feeding etc., the thing is sucking air and gargling non stop. It used to go away after a few minutes but now it's constant. Please...
  3. new hobbyist new pics

new hobbyist new pics

4. new hobbyist new pics

new hobbyist new pics

5. A

new guy. please help with lighting upgrade

Thats good to know too. I'll let you know if I sell the coralife fixture. I understand the 2 24 idea. But if I went to a 6 foot tank and 150's were a little low, couldn't i hang the 48 inch in the center and do pendants or something like that on the ends?
  6. A

Current outer orbit 48" with t5's? Good light for the money?

I have nobody to answer this question for me! I like the all in one idea. Is this a good light, or an unreliable one? I need to upgrade the lighting on my 55. Thanks.
  7. A

Will I regret 150 watt halides?

thank you. is the current outer orbit a good light?
  8. A

Will I regret 150 watt halides?

I have a 55 gallon, and I won't be able to upgrade to a bigger tank for a year or two at least. I like the combo light by Outer orbit, 48 inch 2x150 watt mh and 4 t5 actinics, with moonlights. Will this be enough light for this tank and possibly a bigger one (120 or so) or should I buy 250's...
  9. A

thanks for the info bill. I appreciate it.
  10. A

Do you think that 2 250's would be overkill for a 55? I would like to upgrade to a bigger tank, but it might not be for a year at least. And I don't know whether I would upgrade to a 75-90 or all the way to 120 etc. At that point it would be like starting over anyway as far as pumps, skimmer...
  11. A

I have a 55 gallon reef tank. I need to upgrade my current lighting system (a coralife 4/65 pc.) I want to buy a light if possible that i could move with me to a bigger tank should I decide to upgrade. I don't know what to get. I have been interested in the outer orbit mh/t5 setup with...