Search results

1. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

With Spring Break in full swing down here for the last month, I have't had time to sit down, much less jump on the site, but it's slowing down now so update time! I now have 4 fish - Ocellaris clown, McCoskers flasher wrasse, green Mandarin fish, and a Royal Gramma. All are healthy and doing...
  2. sawcjack00

Acanman's 250: An LED Experiment

I have been busy at work so haven't had a chance to follow this thread. Just read it all. Very frustrating for you I'm sure! I'm glad to see that they resolved your issue in the end. I too was concerned about color blending when I ordered my kit. I also prefer a much whiter look (10000K as...
  3. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

Digital Aquatics Reefkeeper Lite Woo Hoo ATO works like a champ!
  4. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

Update time: Cleaning crew is doing it's job, the tank looks great. Connected lights to controller so now I have sunrise and sunset :) just finished hooking up the ATO. Testing it today.
  5. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

No doubt BigAl! Glenn, I wanted as much open space as possible in order to allow for better water movement and coral growth. The aquascape is also a little more 3D than it appears in the pictures as the rock work is a spur and groove formation so comes almost completely to the front of the...
  6. sawcjack00

Sps corals dying

It was mentioned earlier in this thread - this looks like the work of Acro eating flat worms. If you haven't already, do some research on these. They are the bane of an SPS aquarium (well those and red bugs). Search A.E.F.W.
  7. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

CUC added today. Here's a couple of pics - I was in a hurry so there is a lot of reflection - please ignore it :) Note - tank was stocked with dry base rock to have as little impact as possible on the living reefs. [/IMG]
  8. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

Updae: Tank has cycled, so CUC has been ordered - will be added tomorrow. Test: Amonia - 0 Nitrite - o Nitrate - 20 Big water change later today then their home should be nice and tidy. Pics will follow once the CUC is added.
  9. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

This is off topic, but since I wasn't near my tank today I have no updates. I was actually out fishing on one of the patch reefs near my house, and caught this today: 15" lionfish on the bottom of my boat Back at my dock Doggy checking it out. Unfortunately lionfish are an...
  10. sawcjack00

Most unique dives?

I dive Looe Key in the Florida Keys national marine sancuary on a regular basis since it's basically my back yard. We regularly see several diferent shark species (black tip, caribbean reef, lemon, bull, great hammerhead, nurse) and this past November I saw a manta ray which is very uncommon...
  11. sawcjack00

Steves LEDS

I have the 130D 95% complete kit, and I love it. My tank is new, so I can't state what types of corals it will support, but I can say that it is way brighter than the stock lights, and the adjustability of the color spectrum is fantastic. I still have to hook it up to my reefkeeper, but the...
  12. sawcjack00

DianaKay's RSM 250

The general rule of thumb is one fish every 4-6 weeks. Your bacteria need time to build up in order to handle the increased bio-load from the clowns being added. Remember patience is a virtue, and is probably the most important characteristic of a succesful long term reef keeper.
  13. sawcjack00

Tok's RSM 250

Wow Tok, I just read this entire thread. Quite an ongoing journey you've been through! The tank looks fantastic - GREAT job!
  14. sawcjack00

Chiller for RSM 250

I have AquaEuro USA 1/13th hp chiller on my 130D and it works great. You might want to try their 1/10 HP chiller rated for up to 80 gal - they are reasonably priced and well built. AquaEuroUSA Max Chill Aquarium Chiller On my 130D instalation was easy - I feed it with a Maxi jet and used...
  15. sawcjack00

Cody's new 130D!

Hey Mark, Nice live rock! Just an FYI those appear to be Amphiprion Ocellaris - or Ocellaris Clowns - not Percula clowns, but that is a good thing as Ocellaris are actually hardier and easier to care for.
  16. sawcjack00

RSM Owners Nature/Wildlife Pictures, Etc.

Here's a few pics from my "back yard" - Looe Key national marine sancuary in the Florida Keys. I dive it regularly.
  17. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

Hi DianaKay, nice to meet you too. The reason I didn't go bigger is that my restaurant is very small - only about 600 square feet so nothing big would fit, but also I want to minimize the possibility of major disaster when I am not at the store. With only 34 gallons of potential damage, I am...
  18. sawcjack00

BAGGERZ13 RSM 130D Build Thread

Sounds like you're going down the same path as me. I purchased the Steve's LED retro kit, and I love it. I did customize mine with 18 5000K and 10 Ryal blue which is the opposite of their standard set up since I prefer a 10000K look. Ironically they sent me the wrong one (it was the standard...
  19. sawcjack00

Joes RSM 130d

My new set up has only had LR in it for 2 weeks, and I've re-scaped 3 times!
  20. sawcjack00

sawcjack00's RSM 130D

Glenn, definitely stop on by. Hopefully by the time you come down next, the tank will have something to look at in it :)