Search results

1. J

How about raising the photo file limit!!

Random thought, but I wanted to upload some new pics, but 200k, seriously. what year is it. I know servers and drive space cost a ton, but hey we are all about showin off our killer tanks here right. Just an idea, like even 300k would be groovy. ok i'm done. So up the ante!!
  2. J

Building a new fuge: 'Lexan or Cast Acrylic"

Was wondering if anyone had a rock solid answer on what type of plastic to use on a fuge i am building. Whether to use Lexan ( a polycarbonate) or Cast acrylic. Its measurements will be 22inx 15inx 12in. of 1/4 in thickness. i had used cast acrylic previously. But someone told me Lexan should...
  3. J

UV sterilizers......Coralife Turbo-Twist

Am getting a UV sterilizer but dont want to buy a junk one and not looking to spend another fortune. just want some opinions on the 'Coralife Turbo-Twist Ultraviolet Sterilizers'. Or any good advice really. A little about my setup: I have a 125g reef tank w about 125 lbs of live Pohnpei and...
  4. J

www.thefilterguys.biz....RO/DI equipment dealer

Just wanted to let anyone know who is interested in purchasing an RO/DI Unit. You must check out thefilterguys.biz. i purchased a five stage RO/DI unit called the Ocean Reef 75GPD for only $195.00. It is extremely well built and can measure up to any name brand unit. it took not even an hour to...
  5. J

such thing as too many H20 changes???

was curious if bi-weekly 10 to 15 % water changes were excessive, and does it adversly affect the water column itself, such as wiping out essential bacteria's, or is it ok in order to keep nitrates at bay, while this new setup is doing its thing. this setup is going on its third month 125g...
  6. J

Opinion on Sea Salts...??

Currently using Red Sea salt, in a 125gal, running dual skimmers and 3-4 in DSB, with weekly water changes , my pH and alkilinity still seems to be rather unstable, could this be my salt mixture. i mix at 1.023, and have fish, inverts and corals, no refuge, but am building one as we speak. i...