Search results

1. spanglish

Gorilla Crab vs. Fish

Recently added a wrasse and starry blenny to a tank with a "silver dollar sized" crab ( I've been trying to trap for weeks). Seeing evidence of severed claws has me wondering if either of these fish could have done it.
  2. spanglish

New Livestock for New Nano

Here are a couple of pics of some new goodies I got for my new aquapod! I'm trying some new types of corals not found in my 90g. (except for blastos which go with everything!) This is a "blueberry " gorgonian (or that's what the LFS called it). It is supposed to be photosynthetic...
  3. spanglish

X Mas Shopping Turns Into A New Tank for Me!

I decided to give a niece an aquapod (or some nano ) for Christmas. She is the only person who really seems to "get" the whole reef thing and I while I know she would never spend what it takes to get started, I think she could and would do it properly and enjoy it. Sooo, I was in my LFS...
  4. spanglish

Sudden Temp Increase

I was removing some hair algae from my overflow ( about once a week while battling the evil HA I have to scrub to eliminate slow/stagnant flow from top of tank) when I noticed my temp was 82.5. For a year I've kept a steady 79-80 give or take a degree. The heat/ac is at typical setting...
  5. spanglish

Christmas in November!

Christmas Wrasse that is! Meet one (of two) new additions I bought today!:whstlr:
  6. spanglish

My Zoos are Taking Off

My zoos have really started spreading :whstlr:
  7. spanglish

Where Did My Karma Go?

Am I nuts or is Karma missing from my (and everyone else's) posts? Whazup??????:bugout: :bugout: :bugout:
  8. spanglish

Any Feedback on Aquactinics Constellation

I'm considering purchasing the Constellation fixture from Aquactinics. Anyone have any experience (good or bad) with these fixtures?
  9. spanglish

A Few New Pics

Despite my ongoing battle with hair algae, here are some new pics:wave: :)
  10. spanglish

Carelessness Kills Another Fish

Well, In an effort to make up for a couple of months of less than stellar tank maintenence I spent the last couple of days really cleaning my reef. My canopy is a real pain in the *** to put on and take off, so I left it off. Laying in bed last night I suddenly thought, " Did I see the...
  11. spanglish

Please Help me Set up Phosban Reactor

Well, My obsession this summer with these.... has resulted in my neglect of my reef resulting in this... Big algae bloom. I have done water changes, removed phosphate factories ( foam blocks, old filter socks, etc.) and have purchased a phosban reactor. I have a few...
  12. spanglish

Advice on Rescued Seahorses

Despite my best judgement, I rushed into a nano with seahorses. :doh: Woke up yesterday to discover both of them in serious distress. Water was spiking ammonia due to death of a gorgonian. I did a water change on my big system and scooped the ponies up and put them in the 5G bucket...
  13. spanglish

Looking for Advice on "seeding" pods

In order to assure the continued well being of my new mandarin I've decided to start a regular pod "seeding" routine. My LFS suggested a product (and then realized they were sold out) called "Tigger Pods". I have no experience with "canned" pods and welcome any input. I think my pod...
  14. spanglish

Please Help with Avatar

I have still not mastered "shrinking" pics small enough to make a custom avatar (very much newbie to the whole photos on line thing). My goal is for this to be my avatar. If one of the kind staff at RS would help I would owe them a " red soda water"!:apint:
  15. spanglish

OT: My New Build Big Enough for a Horse!

One of my favorite things on these forums is tank builds. We all know that you shouldn't buy livestock before you have the appropriate environment established.:thumbup: Well, because it was a Christmas gift I waited until after the animal to start on the home. This was the gift...
  16. spanglish

I Clean to Grieve

:waa: My Derasa died this morning. Here are its last moments
  17. spanglish

Help! Is this the Plague?

It's time for bed but I'm freaking out that I've found these spots on my button polyps. Any thoughts?
  18. spanglish

Couple of New Pieces

Here's my new leptoseris
  19. spanglish

Melting Shrooms, Please Help!

I have had one colony of blue mushrooms melt and two ricordias that were touching the colony as well. I have only had one suggestion of a possibility that fits my situation and that is a lack of iodine. I have corrected that. Any suggestions? I have 50 plus various shrooms and so far...
  20. spanglish

Couple of new zoo pics.

My blenny insists on posing with my new zoos (in back):smoking: