Search results

1. C

Ich destroying my tank!

Raising the temp does not kill, its the hyposalinity that kills. Raising the temp I believe speeds up the cycle of the ich and inhibits its breeding capabilities. You do this to get the ich to fall off into its next stage... which is good because hyposalinity kills the free swimming form of ich...
  2. C

New 95G tank...

Hi! I have a couple suggestions. Is the tank on the ground floor? Is it on wood or tile? If its on wood, I highly suggest thinking about some kind of water-proof treatment... Plan for the occasional mess within 10-15 feet of the tank. I know a lot of woods are sensitive to water (like bamboo)...
  3. C

What IS THIS STUFF all over my rocks?

Turbo snails is what I got and they eat the diatoms. Not many snails do. My diatom bloom just finished (it lasted maybe 2-3 weeks). My tanks is 1 1/2 months old. I think either the tang or angel I got last sunday helped clean it up more than anything. I saw them picking at the rocks, though it...
  4. C

So you want a tang?

I don't see my tang on the list. Its a mimic tang. Is that the same as powder brown?
  5. C

About stocking time in the 125 gallon

I've got a lawnmower blenny in my 1 1/2 month old tank. He has been there by accident since week 1 (long story) and I feed him freshwater algae pellets (everything else in the tank likes them too!). Let me tell you... that blenny is the FATTEST fish I have ever seen. His belly is huge all the...
  6. C

Radiant Wrasse

I've got a blue-headed fairy wrasse that will eat anything. He is up for grabs if anyone wants him. I'll take 10 bucks for him, plus shipping and he is yours.
  7. C

Best ways to control algae in tanks without CUC's

I read through this forum. It took me thirty minutes to do it. You guys all have really good advice. I just got into the hobby and my tank is 1 1/2 months old. I've been very watchful on parameters and fish health. I have crabs and snails too, and I take time every day to see how everyone is...
  8. C

New, From Texas!

Hi! My name is Sara, and I'm from the Houston area of TX (specifically, College Station). It would be great to meet people on the forum who live near. I just got my first saltwater tank Jan 1st 2013, but I've been lurking on this site dreaming of a saltwater tank for the last 2 years or so. I've...