Search results

1. B

dustinc's SPS E-260

http://www.eddiesaqua.com/red-sea-max-e-260-sump-and-pipework.html They have it but shipping isn't free. I live in DE and I've been to House of Tropicals a few times when I've been in the area. Definitely not impressed. Good luck!
  2. B

Choff's Modified RSM650 Reef Chronicle

Ouch! That's no good!
  3. B

RSM S650 FLOATVALVE

I had an S650 for 2.5 years and never had the problem that you are describing. Mine worked consistently and never overfilled my tank. I would recommend getting a replacement float switch from one of the Red Sea parts suppliers. I often thought about adding onto the reservoir somehow but never...
  4. B

s500 vs 525XL

I think the new LED canopies are ugly personally, and not having a dimmable T5 ballast on a $3k+ line of tanks? C'mon man
  5. B

Reefer series covers/tops

I'm so stoked! I just got my shipping confirmation today. I live fairly close to them and FedEx shows it will be delivered tomorrow!!! Will definitely post pics. It did take the full 4 weeks that they forecasted. I'm so ready to get my ghetto rigged old 650 screen top replaced.
  6. B

s500 vs 525XL

I picked up all the essentials (return pump, powerhead, lights, skimmer) before the tank even arrived. I'm still trying to decide what else I want or need to add.
  7. B

s500 vs 525XL

I'd go Reefer also. I had an S650 for a couple years and now I have the 525XL. The S series had a bigger ATO reservoir which was a bonus, but it was next to impossible to clean. You could shop vac it but I really didn't like that you couldn't clean it. I also liked that the S series had an...
  8. B

Timmons Reefer 525 Build

This is where the magic happens! I feel like I'm in a great position to jump in the fish food game. Working for a seafood distributor really allows me to make sure that only the freshest, highest quality ingredients go in, even fresh seaweed!
  9. B

Timmons Reefer 525 Build

It's a needle-wheel DC skimmer. Simplicity DC 320 is the model. It claims to be suitable for a heavily stocked 160 gallon up to a 320 gallon lightly stocked. Last time I checked there's hardly anything about the brand online yet, though a lot of places sell them. I got mine for way cheaper than...
  10. B

Timmons Reefer 525 Build

These are my newest QT inhabitants. They were staying together in a tank by themselves at the LFS. I'm hoping they're already a pair. Last night they were laying next to each other on the bottom of the tank. Seen no aggression so far. Here's my Copperband in the DT. Eating anything I throw...
  11. B

Red Sea S-650 - Dave's marine adventure

Seems so odd that they don't send the white units with the white fixtures. May be because they won't have blue, red and grey fixtures for the other owners out there if they make the kits for those colors.
  12. B

Must be CBB season. I have one in QT for 3 weeks now. Had been hesitant to post him for fear of jinxing myself. Eating like a champ. Was fighting an unknown tang for mysis at the LFS when I asked to see it fed. Good luck fellas! CBB is one of my wife's favorites but if he has a fancy for Acans...
  13. B

Timmons Reefer 525 Build

I'm running the Pros using the 120 degree lenses. The lights do not tilt on the mounts. The arm that they are mounted to can slide front to back to achieve your desired position over your structures, but no tilting as far as I know.
  14. B

Replacement parts

These guys are pretty good as far I know. It's where I ordered my tanks from. Good luck!
  15. B

Replacement parts

http://www.fishtanksdirect.com/maxsfloatvalve.aspx
  16. B

Timmons Reefer 525 Build

This is the view from my couch currently. The pictures pick up the aura of light from the puck. The light spilling out that is visible to the eye is much less. I would say if you're that torn on lighting, buy one of each from a company with a good return policy and take a look at both. Maybe...
  17. B

Timmons Reefer 525 Build

It doesn't really bother me being able to see the pucks while seated. More importantly, it doesn't strain my eyes while sitting or watching tv. If I look at it, it's definitely there but it doesn't creep into my peripheral vision. Your mileage may vary depending on your room layout. If you...
  18. B

I haven't seen it first hand yet. You can see the Maxspect Razor cutout in the sample picture. They ask for various specific measurements of your tank including where you need light cutouts and where your overflow boxes/weirs are.
  19. B

The company now has their prices listed for the different rimless tank models. You can find them at the link above. I ordered mine 2 weeks ago. Can't wait to get it!
  20. B

Looking really good, Dave! I'm drooling over here, waiting patiently to get my parameters in check to start adding corals. I love Acans!