Search results

1. E

Can I use a Mag Drive 9.5 with a 5/8 inch return tubing?

The water shoots into the tank like an open faucet! Is this too much flow? 120 gal tank with cpr wet dry sump.
  2. E

Can you use two wet dry filters at the same time in one tank?

Or will the water levels of each conflict as well as tank return flow rate of water?
  3. E

What is best media to place in wet dry filter?

Should I use bio balls or just place more live rock in it. I want to minimize my nitrate levels?
  4. E

WTB wet/dry filter w/ protein skimmer?

Need for 150 gallon tank?
  5. E

Looking for 125 gallon wet dry filter w/ protein skimmer?

Looking for 125 gallon wet dry filter w/ protein skimmer? Prefer w/ pre filter if possible?
  6. E

How to change over from Salt to Fresh water system?

Any advice on how to change over from Salt to Fresh water system? I have a 58 gallon tank with wet / dry filter w/ protein skimmer. I will remove the live rock of course. The sand bed is a larger tan colored media. I want to know if I can reuse the wet / dry filter to clean, filter, and...
  7. E

Will removing sand bed reduce algae growth?

I have been having problems with algae formations in two tanks, one 125 gallons, and one 60 gallons in size. I have green hairy algae in the 125 gallon and red, probably diatom, in the 60 gallon tank. I have tried extensive RODI water changes, phosphate media bags, re-cleaning sand bottom...
  8. E

Any suggestions on catching damsels in 120 gallon tank?

Any suggestions on catching damsels in 120 gallon tank with live rock and corals? Ed
  9. E

How do I maximize removal of green algae from sand bed and red algae from sand bed?

Re: How do I maximize removal of green algae from sand bed and red algae from sand be Yes, I am already using the RODI water; the TDS reads 3 pre-DI chamber and 0 post DI chamber. I only use the frozen food 1 cube every other day. Use full reef spectrum.
  10. E

How do I maximize removal of green algae from sand bed and red algae from sand bed?

I have a 120 gallon tank with wet / dry filter and protein skimmer which sits inside of the sump. I use PC Compact lighting about 8 hours a day. I would like to know if anyone has suggestions on removing the red algae from the sand bed from my tank. It continues to grow. Also much green algae...
  11. E

How can I reduce phosphates in RODI H20, Nitrates in tank, and Green Algae Spurts?

I use RODI H2O for my 125 gallon combination fish and coral saltwater tank. I have 125 lb live rock and live sand inside. I test the TDS of the H2O that I just make (prior to mixing salt) and get a TDS reading of zero; however the measured Phosphate reading is at 0.5. Additionally my Nitrate...
  12. E

58 Gallon System for Sale

Items Inventory: Medium Oak Wooden Cabinet stand (front open door) 36 L x 27 H x 19 D. 58 gallon Oceanic glass tank 36 L x 21.5 H x 18.5 D. Tank has glass top. Amiracle PL1000 trickle filter 20 L x 18 H x 8 D with venturi protein skimmer and skimmer pump. Overflow box is 10 H x 5.5 W x 4 D...
  13. E

Does anyone have suggestions on how to sell a salt water aquarium setup?

I am leaving the hobby. Does anyone have suggestions on how to sell a salt water aquarium setup? I assume I’ll be listing the inventory for sale. Where would one get best marketing results on advertising the system. I’m thinking a posting in a fish store? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Ed
  14. E

Suggestions for removing Green Algae?

I have a great deal of green algae growing in my 120 gallon reef tank. I do use RODI water. I put in some Weiss Algae Magic about 2 weeks ago. I continue to have a significant amount of ongoing growth. Attempting to remove the algae from the live rock is difficult. It appears to cling to the...
  15. E

Help with Identify Dark Green Algae

I need Help identifying a Dark Green Algae which grows in sporadic spots in and around on the live rock and on sand bed. It is dark green and looks like hair fibers. Any help with identifying and solutions to rid. My chemical balance seems satisfactory; although my Nitrate is around 10. I...
  16. E

How do I maximize removal of the detritus from my tank?

I have a 120 gallon tank with wet / dry filter and protein skimmer which sits inside of the sump. I would like to know if anyone has suggestions on removing the detritus from my tank. My nitrates are rising to 10 - 20 now, I do water changes, but I am apparently not doing enough. My...
  17. E

Hang-on overflow box location ?

Can yuo explain how to use a filter sock with overflow? Ed
  18. E

phosphate control ?

I have a 58 gallon FO tank with wet/dry filter and have much red algae; also have a phosphate reading of 1. I did 25% water change (vacuumed out bottom), replaced the 2 fluorescent bulbs, replaced the return pump from Mag 3 to 7, and added a mesh bag of Rowaphos. I did find a .5 reading in the...
  19. E

World Of Wrasses

In general, do Wrasses do well in reef tanks and can they be kept together? Ed
  20. E

Salt Change

What is best salt for reef tanks? Ed