Search results

1. saltcreep

(cyano ) 2 part Question

:hallo: I'm back from hiatus! I was recently reading the posts on cyano and blue vet slime remover. I don't recall if anyone mentioned about the levals. Do they get effected by the slime remover? and if so,what would change?
  2. saltcreep

Acan lord

Just bought a 10 polyp lord frag for 50$ i just placed it on the sand next to my favia approx 6" away would the mesenterial filaments of the favia reach the acan and should i place it mid level in the next day or two,I have T5 lighting on a 55gal .....thanks
  3. saltcreep

copods

has anyone heard of breeding copods in a small plastic strawberry basket filled w/crushed LR & placed upside down in the tank so your manderin does not starve....any input would help thanks again
  4. saltcreep

common question for cyano

hey Im back.... cyano is starting to set in & one section is starting to peel off how can I get rid of it ?.....THANKS
  5. saltcreep

fragging white xenia

I couldnt find a forum on fragging here, so im wondering if anyone knows how to frag a white pom pom xenia, its huge and ready to go under the knife thanks
  6. saltcreep

automatic feeders??

my wife & I are taking our 4yr old son to Negril,I need to get an automatic feeder.I'm limited for space.it's a 55gal which is in the wall, acsess is behind tank,I have zero clearance from light to back of tank,what would you recomend......I have no one to feed the family reef so thats out of...
  7. saltcreep

Sugar ???

Have any of you heard of dropping a 1/2 teaspoon of sugar in the tank, It's supossed to boost the quality of your tank by 90%. test parameters before & after the proceedure.. Im curious if its true ????:willis:
  8. saltcreep

question on richordia

I have or had a flourescent pink w/blue trim richordia bought from a friend he told me it was in the process of spliting. It was always folded as if it was splitting then it started to grow or should i say create a grey mucus around the bottom parameter of it .suddenly it got smaller & smaller...
  9. saltcreep

common names for zoa's?

It just popped in my head , where do these names come from green eyed this......fire&ice........and on&on I was on zoaid.com but no help,any websites w/photos that accompany these names thanks....
  10. saltcreep

Hosting

I'd like to know how to host my two clownfish, do they have to be wild or can they be captive bred whats the secret???cnfzd:
  11. saltcreep

calcium question

I robbably should have posted this in the begginer sec. Ive been reading up on these topics but they are very complexed, my AlKALINITY IS 7 but my calcium keeps dropping and is around 300/360.Im all tapped out right now to go & buy a dosing pump for kalk. What would you recommend I do in the...
  12. saltcreep

Paint Fumes

Starting to paint my formal living room & dinning room, is it possible for the fumes to enter the tank after I shut the skimmer down,? besides opening the windows what other steps should I take to prevent a meltdown?? :bugout:
  13. saltcreep

hey iluvzigz you out there?

Id like to join your society. You see, what better mascott can there be then this guy? this is one badass crustaceon, with dreds no less, every member should have this avatar
  14. saltcreep

goin to jamaica mon

:happywalk were headin out 1st of dec ,:smoking: has anyone brought anything back from there if so what & where, I'm talking about corals,dont know the laws out there or even customs.I figured i'd ask first ? :dunno:
  15. saltcreep

dying mushroom??

just recieved frags from your reef.com a day late,that was fed x's fault anyhow my one green hair mushroom has been oozing this mucous from the bottom edges and pieces are falling off,next to it is a piece of grey mucous the size of a penny, I have a bad feeling this is dying off ,I have to...
  16. saltcreep

HUNGRY SEAHAIR from jersey

I have a sea hair that just finished his job, he's approx 5'' fully extended with a voracious appetite for green hair algae. I had him for about a month Im willing to give him away to a good home for FREE!!! I live at the jersey shore so it will be local pickup. I will post a photo of it if...
  17. saltcreep

Corals ?

Im finnally ready to buy corals can anyone recommend an online retailer thats resonable and critter free thanks alot
  18. saltcreep

Adding DI filter

Does anyone have a three stage GE-Water Saver RO system? And installed a horizontal DI filter to it. I purchesd the DI filter from the filter guys and got instructions from them ,but it's for a 5 to 6 stage system???:dunno: :dunno:
  19. saltcreep

Tds Problem

I'm still having a serious nitrate problem.. 60/80 ppm & hair algae taking over the tank, can't see my zoo's .just got the refuge up & running with cheato in there. Now my friend told me it's my RO, i tested it & it's at 10ppm TDS. I need a DI cannister,the clear one that mounts on the RO...
  20. saltcreep

sump size ???

I turned my 15gal wet dry/trickle filter into a basic refugium.The skimmer is on the supply side,sump in center, pump on return, remaining space is approx 7" to 8" L x 9 7/8"w x 6"h for sump,to supply the 55gal. I have no choice in the matter i'm strapped for space. Will this work???:confused: