Search results

1. R

inline TDS meter duel..instilation procedure ?

would like to hook this unit up to my new ro/di system so i know when the water filters need changing ect.. it has duel connectors and im just to positive where to hook them inline to..any body have a picture or link to picture of one installed, ty
  2. R

Reefscavengers.com - Do Not Order!!

they just ripped me for $220 which i dont think i will ever get back
  3. R

reefscavengers.com..package arrived 24 days later 90% DOA

ya the package arrived today..always so sweet to get a box full of dead critters after spending over $200and of-cource $30 worth of critters wernt even in the order that were paid for .. i know i will never get the live guarentee form this rip-off company as they lied about shipping and other...
  4. R

need new 96 watt straight pin bulbs which are best opinions

hey i definently need new bulbs as the ones that came with my canopy arnt that good .im looking to get an atinic and a daylight .they are 96 watt around 32 inch straight pins and i was wondering what brand is best bang for my money since its tight right now..also any links to any specails or...
  5. R

hardiest shrimp/goby combo

title says it all LIVE saltwater Black Ray High FIN SHRIMP GOBY fish piece-of-the-reef ( 5846) 99.3% Quantity: 100 -- $16.79 LIVE saltwater Rainfordi SHRIMP GOBY fish - REEF SAFE piece-of-the-reef ( 5846) 99.3% Quantity: 100 -- $17.59 LIVE saltwater Orange Spot SHRIMP...
  6. R

signed copies of reef volume 1&2

best books ever but ive got them memerized..signed by julian springs when i met him on different ocassions and he gave be adive on my first tank years ago..offers or tradeds ?/
  7. R

starting a new tank after relocation and giving away my 20 year old reef

sad to say had to moe from hawaii to wisconson and started a new tan yesterday.i kinda forgot the basics since my tank was so stable and took care and multipied like crazy after running for 20+ years.. i set-up a small 45 bow tank and added 40lbs live arginite sand and 50 lbs live rock.. basic...
  8. R

Attatching corals

i just use a chewed pice of bubble gum:p ...but crazy glue GEL works best
  9. R

Fish Focus - Skunk Clownfish

just got 2 pink skunk clowns ,the ones with one stripe across top since there colour is a little nicer..same docile personality though.i got a big and small one and they have paired in 3 weeks so im stoked ..great fish they live in my torch coral and a single sadle back lives in my carpet:spinner:
  10. R

Help Me Choose That Final Fish

gotta go with the tang for cleaning some algea and having some nice looks..a yellow tang would really show off in your tank i think..you could add 2 different tang if you add them at the same time as with a kole and yellow or purple..just my 2 cents..ohh i forgot about the chevron by far the...
  11. R

THERME Algae termanator vs green algea

ok ..i pulled out the therme and used the magnet with scrapper..you put it in a nylon bag with a piece off foam so it floats and it has a plastic scrapper that attaches to the magnet..this stuff was all included with the package. well i get a lot of green algea on my glass and have always...
  12. R

clowns tail looks like cauiflower >?

thanx for the info.does anyone have a link to a pic with fish with this desiese to make sure it is the same..it sure sounds like it though
  13. R

250W 10K bulb $23.99 WHAT!!!!

i got a couple bulbs off of ebay for what i thought was the right price ..i had one in for a couple week and didnt like the way it looked.fluctuated and yellowish.i put back my 1 year old hamilton and it looked better..i still have one of these anyone can have for $20 never used..enough said ...
  14. R

clowns tail looks like cauiflower >?

my skunk clown seems to have white chunkey like stuff on his tail and rear..there is a lot of it on his rear section but no where else and none of the other fish seem to be infected.any ideas?
  15. R

therme algea scubber -the arrival

well i tried the therme algea terminater over the weekend and this is how it went..at first glance it seemed like it would be difficult with all the different magnets ,connections ect. but easy to follow instructions so no problems.. when i first started using the product i wasnt getting it to...
  16. R

lunch meat

listen guys im hungry,if you feel the need to waste that tasty lunchmeat...make me a sandwich and ship it :smirk:
  17. R

Is this normal???

no you are right ,the 20k should have a bluer tint than the 14k..
  18. R

Hang On Skimmer Questions?

i have an old berlin skimmer thas been running for years..its a hang-on but i stick it in my sump to keep the top area of tank looking clean..great skimmer with thick black bubbles all the time>:_)
  19. R

New Carpet Anemone!!!

it looks like a carpet to me..i think maye its just bleached out and colour will change once established..arnt the tenicles on hond. a little different..it looks exactly like my green carpet..
  20. R

need a new tang-any sugestions

i decided to go with the yellow since there wasnt a big selection and the 1 kole didnt look as healthy as the yellow i got..i figure for $10 IT WAS A BARGAIN..LETS HOPE HE DOESNT BECOME DINNER TOO...