Search results

1. S

ID Please

There is a white substance that is slowly taking over my Blasto. You can only see it at night when the heads close. It is just sticking to the base. During the day you cannot see it when thay are open. Any suggestions would be helpful.
  2. S

How To ??

I put some small pieces of LR next to a couple of different zoas to spread onto. Something to trade to my LFS. How do i seperate the small piece of LR without damaging the zoas. Should I cut the tissue that connects the two, if so will that disturb the entire colony. Thanks in advance.
  3. S

Anyone from mississippi?

Just wondering if anyone else is from Mississippi?
  4. S

feeding question?

Does anyone use raw oysters to feed there coral or fish. I recently bought some from the grocery store. The container says they are farm grown. Any comments?
  5. S

Iwaki pumps

I am looking to get an external pump and I was looking at the Iwaki pumps but I did not know which would be better the american or the japanese model. Please let me know if there are any other external pumps that are recommended. I am looking for about 800gph @ 4'0 head. Thanks for the help
  6. S

Stomatello Outbreak

Does anyone have a solution to get rid of stomatello snails. At night you can easily count 40 to 50 just on the front of the display tank. They help with the cleanup but, I worry that there is to many.
  7. S

Another horrible prediction

CHARLOTTE AMALIE, U.S. Virgin Islands - Coral reef experts heard dire predictions for the underwater kingdoms, including one estimate that 60 percent of the world’s coral reefs could die in less than 25 years due to pollutants and global warming. Sea temperatures are rising, weakening the...
  8. S

id please

i have a 75 gallon that will soon be one year old. i have noticed in the recent weeks that when you look closely in the live rock you can see these little brown bugs about the size of an ant. they crawl around pretty fast. should i be worried.
  9. S

Open Brain Placement Question

I was wondering where everyone else has there open brains placed at. I have mine on the sandbed and its always laying flat on the sand. I have noticed pics of others that had the outer edge up. Is it the wrong placement or are they just different. At night it closes up and the clear tentacles...