Search results

1. W

hey aquaman this might help with your move

well i kindafigured that you would not go to the trouble of setting up tanks i meant if you could keep the buckets tubs etc from moving around too much or worse tipping over , im just saying as long as you can keep the water oxygenated and clean the fish got a fighting chance especially...
  2. W

hey aquaman this might help with your move

http://www.all-battery.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=93 gives a list of power inverters here I posted my idea to the page you posted about your move any way to make a long story short if you can keep it all from getting bumped around or tipped over you could use one of thes to keep...
  3. W

My 90 gallon Mixed reef-pic intense-

wow overland park kansas i live real close to manhattan kansas welcome to the land of ...........hey wait come back here toto .....darn toto lol . .. seriously good luck on the move I have an idea of course it may or may not work i know electrical and refrigeration better than i know this bieng...
  4. W

hi all new to the group

Resplendent Anthias, yes i like it i have been reading up on them available through fosters and smith say if you have two females the more dominant one does a sex change .......lol interesting not suprising though as a lot of marine fish do that i guess its mother natures way of continueing...
  5. W

hi all new to the group

yes and its full of wonderful and informative information i have some i deas of tank stocking but it seems most of the fish i want due to what im reading says they are all bottom dwellers? list as follows 1or 2 skunk shrimp good for fish health 1 peppermint shrimp again good to keep out...
  6. W

Tanks for sale

my dad lives in denton area so it would give me a good excuse to visit the folks i emailed you about your set up and didnt hear back you didnt metion how much you wanted for the set up as for the live stock i am not interested right now as i have no place to put them till i can get it all...
  7. W

hi all new to the group

thanks again, yes these will be mated pairs tank raised and good point about most aggressive fish last i have noted that on serveral places on my already growing list of notes to self lol like i say i want to try to have peace in my little piece of the ocean so any advice on this is good i...
  8. W

125 gal reef fully stocked must sell chicago, il

Ok new to group you got any thing left IE live rock and tank and stand etc i live in kansas but if the price is right i know how to get to chicago and i got a truck im new getting in and 125gal is how i want to start any way ps i will take the skimmer too
  9. W

hi all new to the group

also as far as copper goes i know the skunk shrimp i intend to have as well as my mated set of maroon clowns are very sensitive to it so no there will be no copper in my setup at all as for the rest of what i intend to have fish wise i aint sure yet as soon as i get the tank cycled and ready...
  10. W

hi all new to the group

gosh you guys are so great i feel welcome already thanks for all the great advice ,as my old grandpa used to say a day you dont learn nuthin new is a wasted day ..........thanks again
  11. W

Setting up a successful marine aquarium.

thanks Icstorc , question what is a BB tank? havent heard of it yet sorry just been reading alot want all the info i can get cause when you fail to plan you plan to fail and i want to do it right and proper
  12. W

hi all new to the group

i was told regular sand contains silica and other bad stuff that will degrade water quality and cause problems as for light the tank has a standard two bulb hood included in the price but your right i didnt mention it. or a heater either i forgot it looking back oh well im sure there are a few...
  13. W

Setting up a successful marine aquarium.

Is a fish only system better than a FOWLR and a DSB ??????? everthing i read says that the live rock as the biological filter is the best way to go .sure its more expensive than other filtration and takes up a lot more tank space , but isnt water quality and healthy fish more important plus i...
  14. W

Fish that should NOT be kept in your aquarium.

i have also heard never have triggers if you have skunk shrimp as cleaners cause to a tiggerfish it aint a doctor its a tasty and expensive meal .....oops "doh " if i would have read cougras post on the cleaner wrasse all the way through i would have seen that ...sorry cougra btw great...
  15. W

hi all new to the group

Thanks blue eyes i want to do this right im just hoping it dont turn in to a bottomless pit i regret later all have assured me with patience and taking the time to do it right i cant go wrong lol yeah right ...as for time i have plenty of that.... after an accident forced me to go on...
  16. W

hi all new to the group

i may go to reef at a later date as far as the tank goes it the best deal here i have found so far living in a small town of manhattan kansas plus those prices dont include the 20% off i get for buying the tank from the salt water aquarium dude here which is where i will get my live rock cause...
  17. W

hi all new to the group

i have plans of starting up a FOWLR system i have been reading book and online and trying to figure out what all i would need to get this dream off the ground this is what i have come up with so far please tell me what if anything i am forgetting to factor in 125 gallon glass aquarium not...