Search results

1. Tosh_Auer

Whats the Luckiest Thing you've ever known of?

What is the luckiest thing that has ever happened to yourself or someone close to you? For me it would have to be when one of my best mates who happens to be my partners brother got hit by a train. how is that lucky you might ask? on the 8th of october 2004 my girlfriends brother Nathan...
  2. Tosh_Auer

150Watt VS 250Watt VS 400 Watt

Ok i can pick up a 150,250 and 400 watt MH for roughly the same price as each other brand new and i was wondering if there was any reason given that i havn't designed or built my hood yet. that i wouldn't get the 400watt and make a higher hood, positioning the halide higher and therefore be able...
  3. Tosh_Auer

Zoa's Moving Part 2

Ok well about a week ago i had one of my Zoanthids Bud and i had a new little baby Zoa:D Ok normal enough. But today i noticed that it had moved a good inch and a half from where it originally was. Its only about a third of an inch across itself. I think its because there is no real colonie of...
  4. Tosh_Auer

Cowries in Reef Tanks? Are They Safe?

I have a person willing to give me a huge cowrie(im not sure on spelling) but want to make sure its safe to have in a reef tank before i take it? Anyone? Tosh
  5. Tosh_Auer

Linkia not moving very much!! Help!

Ok well the other day i noticed that my linkia was sleeping in the same stop every night well for the last two days he hasn't moved from this spot. Its moved its limbs around small amounts but it is still in the same area. On the drain to my sump? Is there somethign wrong with it? Any help is...
  6. Tosh_Auer

Zoa's moving?

Well the other day i got a few peices of LR and one had about 4 Zoa's on it and last night i noticed one had "moved" from the rock it was on down onto the rock below but was still attached to a small peice of rock its foot was attached to. ok heres the thing. Is it moving itself or is...
  7. Tosh_Auer

Linkia Sleeping Habits?

Anyone who has had a Linkia i would like your opinion on this. I have been talking to another owner of a linkia and we both said that our Linkia's sleep in exactly the same place every night? Mine is on a drain and the other guys is behind a piece of rock. So my question is does yours sleep...
  8. Tosh_Auer

My Fisrt Addition

Well. I know alot of people have had trouble with them and that they tend to starve in most people tanks but i was at the LFS the other day with my girlfriend and my mum and they both fell in love with this big(about 10") Blue Linkia and so mum brought it for me as the LFS guy had sold the two...
  9. Tosh_Auer

Air Pump To Venturii Skimmer?

Ok i figured there would be a probablem in this that it woudl push too much air and stop alot of water form entering the skimmer but what if you were to hook up and air pump to the air intake on a venturi skimmer? What would happen? Tosh
  10. Tosh_Auer

Bali

Well here are the only diving photo's that really turned out as i had to resort to using a dodgy water proof disposable as my waterproof cam die'd before i even got int eh water. and then there are just some ones of bali itself that i really liked.
  11. Tosh_Auer

Fish Stocking Plans?

Ok well my tank has cycled and have had my Clean up crew in there for a while adn have some money again. So i am looking at adding the first of my fish. I am looking at getting: 2x Flase Percs 1x Hippo Tang 1xflame angel 1x hi fin goby 1x lawnmower blenny and one of the follow...
  12. Tosh_Auer

Im in bali:D

Hey guys how are you all. Im in bali and its bloody hot. My tank is cycling away at hoame. How are you all. Hope everyone is good. Im going to post some pics of the diving when i get home. Also you should see some of the fish tank displays in the shops around here. there crazy GTG Tosh
  13. Tosh_Auer

Anyone Have Or Had A Frog Fish?

I am really really interested in these guys and am almost considering turning my big tank into a frog fish tank i just have a few question and am not having much luck finding info on them. Any help would be great.
  14. Tosh_Auer

Do Brother's Sting?

I was wondering if two anemones which have split would be able to sting each other? I figured that they wouldn't be able to but thought i would see if anyone knew for sure? No real reason to the question just interested Tosh
  15. Tosh_Auer

Have I done The Right Thing?

Ok well i have got two protien skimmer on there way to me as we speak. One is an AKS SV12 which had a great review written about in on RC a little while ago. I Also have an AKS BioSkim2000 Standard Module. This is supposedly a "full Saltwater filtration system but i will be using it for the...
  16. Tosh_Auer

There is stuff coming out everywhere!!!

Ok today when i went and had a look at my LR. In one of the containers i found: 2 Brittle Stars both under an inch and a half 5 shrimp of various sorts all small under an inch and two small crabs. Is it usual to find this much stuff on LR? and Alive? The LR i brought i got to take...
  17. Tosh_Auer

Good or Bad?

Some of my LR has red and green hair or grass looking stuff growing on it. What is it? Is it going to hurt anything?
  18. Tosh_Auer

Whats The Real difference between Starphire and Normal Float Glass?

I know Starphire looks better and is stronger but why and how do you tell them appart? Is it really that much better? Is it really worth the money?
  19. Tosh_Auer

Todays the 15th. Whats happenen Johnny?

Todays the 15th and a while back (i cant find the thread to be sure) but johnny said his tank would be coming sometime around now and was just curious to know if there has been any further news on the tank? Tosh
  20. Tosh_Auer

How Long can LR be out of Water?

Today one of my containers which i was keeping my LR in got a leek and ruined one of my pumps but luckely my heater is fine. but my real question is will it effect my LR being out of water for a few hours? it was out for a max of about 4 hours. Its been a bad day and im hoping its not...