Search results

1. saltyfishtanks

Slam Dunk Reunion

Hello all u reef addicts Im back and im sure u all missed me what brings me back is today i set up a 29 I had layin around and transfered my failure of a 10g nano into it when i say failure It is completely my fault lack of maintaince is what really did it in so I also caught the low...
  2. saltyfishtanks

T5 Lighting

dude ive got an icecap overdriven t5 system and all i can say is wooo hooo best lights for the energy consumption IMHO
  3. saltyfishtanks

The Tang Club

heres my guys
  4. mixed 120 skimmerless

mixed 120 skimmerless

mixed 120 skimmerless
  5. goldrim tang

goldrim tang

goldrim tang
  6. saltyfishtanks

LFS is going to sell me some half dead hammer coral...

try not to use rusty scissors but what the heck corals are quick to recover if you've got good water quality
  7. saltyfishtanks

LFS is going to sell me some half dead hammer coral...

i had an injured\fast recieding hammer and cut into the healthy part with a rusty pair of scissors it was my first emergency coral surgery ever and after losing other corals from recession i gave it a whack. all i can say is multiple hammers all healthy and grown a lot since the incodent
  8. saltyfishtanks

Purple tang or Powder blue?! Can't decide!

dr.hank is right on the money here my gold rim is the same family as the powder blue and achelies and that fish proved the absolute hardest fish to acclimate to the 4' reef tank almost to death over 2-3months he only decided to eat at the last minute and he some how recovered. To top that off I...
  9. saltyfishtanks

Purple tang or Powder blue?! Can't decide!

you need a tank upgrade to get a tang a 55 just is not big enough sorry but i feel that my 120 is not big enough for the tangs that I have in it as well if you must have a tang the zebramosa species seems easyer to keep in my experiences and the powder blues are well known as hard to keep...
  10. saltyfishtanks

Panic attack... NO SALT????

um i was having a lot of recent troubles with my SPS in my mixed reef (big suprise) and many TM pro water changes had no effect sps frags were bleaching left and right I did a 25 gallon change of some custom Home mix salt from some WACKO and then a 40 gallon change 3 days later with reef...
  11. saltyfishtanks

Happy 4:20!

Well happy counter culture day to you too BOB enjoying the holiday the same way I do every day "with the clouds"
  12. saltyfishtanks

Pre-mixing SW?

oh big al i love the end of your post "I only live 2min from my house" I only live 0sec from mine
  13. saltyfishtanks

Pre-mixing SW?

I think howard is right here but i must say only if the bucket is very clean to start with if there is small amounts of bacteria or grime the water is only good for a day or two. I say this because i mixed up a 5 gal bucket with a tite seal and did not clean the bucket and the water stank...
  14. saltyfishtanks

RIP Mr. Lionfish...

Dam man that sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! like i stated earlier that species of lionfish is the most sensitive i believe I say get another lion and try again maybe a black V. lion would be better for they are much more easily kept.
  15. saltyfishtanks

Reef Crystals quick question

thanks aquaman good looks karma to ya!!!! I have seen bags in TMpro, seachem and, I think coralife salts but ive never cracked a new reef crustal 5 gal pal
  16. saltyfishtanks

Reef Crystals quick question

Does the 5 gallon reef crystals come in a bag inside of the bucket??? most other salts i've gotten in the past came in a bag in the bucket i just got one that did not so i'm somewhat concerned
  17. saltyfishtanks

DI Water filtration??????

wow this thead is still going the DI system is great every time i do a water change the water coming out of the aquarium is less yellow that tells me its working to solve many problems ive been facing with the reef Teardown/rebuild is closer every day for this nightmare reef
  18. saltyfishtanks

What corals work together

I go with the trial and error methods in my mixed reef ive got tons of sps frags and the biggest problems i face are not chemical its more like umm my favorite frag just fell into my euphilia and is totally gone or somthing similar. My tank is skimmerless so carbon is a absoulte must and...
  19. saltyfishtanks

Oh NO!...

Sorry dude I would set up as many HOB filters as i had (ive got atleast 6 for emergencys) load em up with high end carbon and pray for the rest of your livestock and setup. good luck karma to you
  20. saltyfishtanks

Dead Fire Shrimp

The life expectancy is not all that long for shrimp, maybe he died of old age??? sorry for the loss figures the 50 dollar shrimp would die and the 10 dollar shrimp are just A OK thats how it always goes for me, "The Colony melts and the frag right next to it thrives" my life story