Search results

1. I

Shrimp to start cycle

I had a question about using an uncooked shrimp to start the cycle, this may be an odd question, but was wondering. Does it have to be a shrimp or would any sort of seafood/fish that would break down work? Again maybe an odd question, but i always see people referencing using a shrimp and was...
  2. I

Puffer

Hi everyone I am going to be making the switch from freshwater to saltwater in little bit. I plan on setting up the Red Sea Max 250. My daughter is obsessed with puffer fish, loves them, which is part of the reason for the switch. I assume that a dogface or a porcupine will be too big to the 65...
  3. I

130d vs 250

This may seem loke a strange question, but I'm contemplating which tank to get. I was wondering is there a preference to getting the 130d over the larger 250? For people that got the 130 was it just a matter of space or money, if you had the option would you gotten the 250 or is it that the...
  4. I

Dwarf Zebra Lionfish

I'm trying to do a little research and was wondering if any one of you could help me out. I'm curious about the dwarf zebra lionfish. I've seen that they grow to about 7 inches an that their mouth can get very large. What I'm wondering is everywhere I read about them it says what ever can fit in...
  5. I

live rock

I am planning on getting the rsm 130d, I wanted the 250, but due to space I have to go with the 130. My question that I know someone on here will be able to help out with is as far as live rock goes is there a real difference between some of the mroe expensive live rock and some that are less...
  6. I

Stocking list

I am planning on getting the RSM 250, I have a question for all of you. Did you plan out your stocking list before you got your tank or was it at the time that you wanted to get something you made your decision then? Was just being curious because besides researching a lot of stuff of the forums...
  7. I

Snowflake Eel

Hello everyone I am in the process of getting my tank, I'll be getting the red sea max 250 and as I"m sure many of you did, I'm thinking of my stocking list. One thing I was looking into was a snowflake eel. I wanted to see if anyone who had one or has one could give me any insight into what...