Search results

1. P

Micro bubbles from UV Sanitizer

I have a Crech UV sanitizer in my 30G tank and it emits micro bubbles a lot of the time, but not always. How necessary is it to have a UV sanitizer in this tank? The water conditions always check good. The critters all appear to be very healthy. I also have a protein skimmer, and a HOB carbon...
  2. P

Maroon clown destruction

I have two maroon clowns in my 30g tank. The smaller one of the two is continually using his tail to dig into the sand, causing quite a mess. The larger one carries the shells out with his mouth and drops them on the live rock. It undermines the live rock and covers them with fine sand. I was...
  3. P

Black Domino has mark on hs nose

Hi all, MY Black Domino Damsel has a brown mark on his face from the white dot on his forehead, down to almost his mouth. It looks like maybe a wound, but it's brown. He is also been kinda aggressive to the other fish. Not overly aggressive to the point he nips at them, just seems to chase them...
  4. P

Vanishing polyps

Bought a LR with about 15 polyps on it. After a couple weeks in my tank, they all disappeared except one. Not sure weather their getting eaten, or just hiding. I have 6 damsels, including two clowns, two cleaner shrimp, and a couple crabs. The water perimeters all look good, with the exception...
  5. P

Sad day.

My green emerald crab died today. Has not looked good for several weeks now as he seemed to be shrinking in size, but other than that seemed ok. Other critters in the tank seem to be ok as well, and water perimeters look ok, except for a bit high in nitrates. I didn't give that much thought as...
  6. P

New life in my tank

I noticed today that there are small objects throughout my tank. they are tiny, white and from what I can see, they look like tiny snails as they are spiral in shape. I have two Mexican turbo snails and am wondering if they could have reproduced. there are sure a lot of them.
  7. P

hitch hiker good or bad

I recently bought a new live rock and a week or so later, i noticed a bristle worm poking out of a hole in the rock. I have two maroon clowns, a red banded coral shrimp, two mexican trubos, and a few hermit crabs. Should i remove this worm for the safety of the fish? or let it go? this is in my...
  8. P

Need some Chaeto Algea for my fuge

I am in Racine WI and am looking to aquire some Chaeto Algea. The supply house are not offering it this tiime of year due to the cold weather, and I am wondering if there is someone near the Racine algea with lots of Chaeto in their system that would part with a small chunk forl my refugium. If...
  9. P

Chaeto for my fuge

I have built a small 10 gallon fuge for my 60 gallon DT, but cannot find Chaeto algea on line or in the local lsf's. I live in the Milwaukee/Racine area. Can anyone tell me where this can be purchased on line or in my area?
  10. P

RO vs DI

I have recieved my new 85 gpd RO system, but haven't had time to install it yet. My question is I did not get the optional DI for the system. How important is the DI for my marine aquarium vs just having the RO water? I do have UV sanitizers in both my 55g display tank and my 30g Q tank. I...