Search results

1. KevinB

Yellow Tang - Rapid breathing

Hey all I have a lil problem with my Yellow Tang. Since this morning I noticed it breaths very rapid and not sure but doesn't seem like she is eating either. Normally I see her graze whole day long, but not today. Other than that I don't really see any other symptoms, but perhaps a vague red...
  2. KevinB

Another microbubbles topic... help required :/

I never had the issues with microbubbles till 3 days ago. It suddenly started from one night on the next and I'm 100% sure it's skimmer related. When I turn the skimmer off the bubbles stop. I checked the spread sheet for the rsm microbubbles but everything seems ok. The pump seems to be fine...
  3. KevinB

Shops shipping to Belgium

As the forum was down and lost some posts, I want to remake my previous post. Could the people that replied last time give me those names again please. So looking for shops that ship to belgium. Mostly need Dry Rock and CuC. Thanks guys!
  4. KevinB

DIY Refugium

So I'm planning on making my own refugium for the RSM 250, but I'm still doubting about it really... I've made this little plan, it ain't on scale yet, but just to have a general view of the refugium. I ain't too handy, but making it yourself clearly is cheaper than ordering it (specially...
  5. KevinB

Kev&Naomi's RSM 250

Hello all, For those that didn't read my intro post at the meet&greet forum, perhaps a short intro. My name is Kevin and I recently started with this fascinating hobby. I've been interested in the marine world for a long time, but only recently decided to pick it up as an aquarium keeping...
  6. KevinB

Some questions about my water values

Hey everyone, I have the RSM 250 up and running for 3 months now. Added a Zebrasoma FL. on 02/11 and an Orange spotted diamond Goby on 27/11. Now over the past 2 weeks, my Alk has been dropping and keeps dropping still, while my Mg and Ca are at a rather high level. I use Salifert test for...
  7. KevinB

Test kit LOT numbers?

Hello all I've recently had a problem with the Marine Lab that I bought with the RSM 250, namely that they are out of date since 04/11. Now I got a mail telling me that they will send new ones, but they need the LOT numbers of the products to see where things went south. I've looked on the...
  8. KevinB

Adding more rock into an established aquarium

I'll start with some background info: I have a RSM 250 aquarium, with 40 pounds of live rock. These rocks are all very big base rocks, as my LFS barely has nothing else unfortunately. The problem that I'm having now is that I cannot find a good aquascape with all these bigs rocks and I cannot...
  9. KevinB

Warm winter greetings

Hello everyone For starters I would like to give you all some warm greetings in these rather cold winter days. At least for me it is already cold! My name is Kevin and I'm from Leuven -Belgium. I recently - 3 months ago - purchased the RSM 250 and am trying to turn it into a wonderful...