Search results

1. H

Complete Set Up RSM 500S

For Sale Complete Set up Red Sea Max S500, original spec, excellent condition in white, set up December 2012. Complete with contents, Livestock: Pair of Pecula Clowns Regal Tang Watchman Gobie Citrinis Clown Gobie 3 Cleaner shrimps 1 Coral banded shrimp Brittle Starfish...
  2. H

Worth switching to LED's?

After a summer of wildly fluctuating temperatures I'm planning on switching the T5's on my S500 to LED's. My tubes are coming up for replacement, the added cost through electricity usage and changing over will probably do away with the need for a chiller makes me think this is the way forward...
  3. H

Auto feeder?

Anyone using an autofeeder with an RSM? Im just wondering about the lighting clearance on a 500 and whether the heat from the lights would have any effect.
  4. H

Micro bubbles from skimmer pump.

Not sure if anyone else has the same issue, I have an RSM 500 and have quite a lot of micro bubbles which appear to be originating from the bottom of the skimmer pump. Most bubbles are filtered out by media bags but some are getting through and being pumped back into the tank. Any solutions...
  5. H

Cycling, the non bike type

Ive seen a few threads mentioning dropping crushed deli shrimps into a tank in an attempt to kick start a cycle. In the UK we dont really have deli shrimps so to speak so over the last 3 weeks Ive dropped 3 large crushed raw prawns in a RSM500 and so far Ive had no sign of ammonia whatsoever...
  6. H

S500 pump.

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions as to how to position the pump return nozzles so they don't constantly blow sand around the tank? I've tried a number of positions and only succeed in blowing sand towards the rock and exposing the base of the tank! Any suggestions would be greatfully...
  7. H

Hello, New with an RSM 500

Hello all Im completely new to salt water tanks and fish keeping as a whole, always wanted one so Ive taken the plunge and ordered a RSM 500, being delivered early next month, Ive been reading through some of the threads on here and its clear theres a steep learning curve but the over riding...