Search results

1. Gator

RSM 250 Chiller Install

Thanks for the great chiller install description! It is very timely for me as I have a JBJ 1/10 chiller that I tried to hook up this weekend using the stock right hand pump. However, when I pulled the pump out, the output connector on the pump is much smaller than the 5/8" hose I bought for...
  2. Gator

Apex

I do not have one yet, but I remember reading somewhere that you can get a wireless adapter to plug into it that will make make it wireless. I think it is this thing... Amazon.com: NETGEAR WNCE2001 Universal WiFi Internet Adapter: Electronics
  3. Gator

Algae & LED 403nm Ultraviolet

I have had that exact Ecoxotic light strip running on my Biocube for about a year, but in the 453nm Blue color. Not sure if it promotes algae growth or not, but I have mine on a timer to come on about two hours before my main lights turn on and stay on for about two hours after they turn off...
  4. Gator

Loose Ricordea

If you flip the loose Ricordea over there should be little bits of rubble attached to the foot on the bottom. You can glue that rubble to a frag plug or a rock, but I am pretty sure you should not glue the actual flesh of the Ric to anything. I had to do it to a Ricordea I got and it was the...
  5. Gator

130d vs 250

Good call on the 250. I got a 29 gallon Biocube about a year ago and started running out of room after only 6 months. Now that I am about 14 months in and some of my corals have doubled and tripled in size, I am constantly moving things around to keep them from bothering each other. I think...
  6. Gator

Pump replacement

I am definitely going to follow along on this thread with interest as I was planning on using the stock right chamber pump (sicce) to pump the water to my 1/10 hp chiller. I have read several posts on this and a local forum about people doing it this way and being happy with the results. I...
  7. Gator

Pump replacement

Doyle, when you say "I need to replace it", is it because it is malfunctioning or is it not putting out enough flow for your chiller?
  8. Gator

Tok's RSM 250

Wow Tok, that is a very kind and generous offer and I think I will take you up on it when I get to that step. I will send you a PM. Thanks so much. It is just amazing how helpful everyone is on this forum and I am really thankful I found it. I finally started adding water to my tank this...
  9. Gator

Tok's RSM 250

Thanks again Tok. Did some more research and it looks like that light is only available in the UK for some reason. I cannot seem to find something similar for sale in the US, so I will probably just go with the underwater bulb they sell at InTank. I know it produces some heat, but hopefully...
  10. Gator

Tok's RSM 250

Thanks so much for the details. I found the foam pads on Amazon but cannot find that light anywhere.
  11. Gator

Tok's RSM 250

Your tank is amazing! Thanks for posting your media basket setup. It is very similar to what I have in my Biocube and I think it is exactly what I am going to do in my 250 once it has cycled. Is the Purigen attached to the shelf above it and the two bags of CPE just sitting on the shelves...
  12. Gator

RSM 250 ATO Recommendations

I second the Tunze. Has been working flawlessly for me for over a year on my Biocube and I will move it over to my RSM250 once I get it set up.