Search results

1. T

What the.....

Oh. Wonderfull...I think.
  2. T

What the.....

Do people "look" for these on purpose or do they usually enter the system via hitchiking? I have read that they do spread...is there a limit to their spreading?
  3. T

What the.....

The person on C.D. said they are completely harmless...I may be jumping the gun cause I have no knowledge of these guys...but would they not bore into the shell or do they simply stay on top of? They are spreading, but the clam doesn't seem to mind at all...still growing like a weed and sucking...
  4. T

What the.....

That is what someone on Clams Direct guessed. I did a quick search for tunicates and saw pics that really looked like what I have on my clam...it's too bad they weren't in a place that I could see openely rather than under a mantle!
  5. T

What the.....

I purchased this clam from my LRS a little while back. It has done some really great growing (had the mantel retract to take the picture). However, I noticed what looked like eggs on the side of the clam and didn't think to muc hof it at that time. A couple of days ago I noted what you will...
  6. T

Yellow Clown Goby colour fading?

Oh, that make me feel so much better. We were worried that this little guy would have to be removed from the tank. He is definately eating...perches all day and then snatches "things" for the algae he is with.
  7. T

Yellow Clown Goby colour fading?

We have had our yellow clown goby for about 2 months now, he has become quite "gurthy", especially since he is the only fish in the tank at this point with several types of macro 37g column. we have noticed that he goes from a magnificant yellow to a dull yellow - almost clearish yellow - but...
  8. T

Picasso Trigger question

Sharks eh? hmmm good to know! Thanks everyone for responding. Gives me a better insight into this really nice looking fish:read:
  9. T

Koralia question

We haven't tried it at 90 degrees, however, looking at the swivel base you may get about 70ish give or take. What may stop it is the cage and not the swival ability. Also, if you are worried about any fish or other living things venturing into the cage - you should use something to protect...
  10. T

Picasso Trigger question

Did you have all of those in the same tank at the same time, or just throughout the life of the tank?
  11. T

Picasso Trigger question

I have done a fair bit of reading on this fish and before purchasing, would like to ask a couple of questions: 1. What would be a good tank mate for this fish (I noticed that there seems to be a big differance in what people have) 2. Clean up crew - some say crabs are good, some say they...
  12. T

Koralia question

No thanks needed! Can't answer you 200g question but we did purchase the 4. The few fish we have right now are getting used to the current put out (not a cannon flow). We have all intentions of getting rid of the maxi's (using them purely for mixing salt water) and getting a 3 (we think...
  13. T

Anyone heard of or used this before?

We bought the filter. It's tiny! We have it on the tank right now. When we first started it up the micro bubbles were everywhere...ended up putting a sponge on the end of the output (removed the spray bar) and the bubbles were gone - however the trick was to have the sponge out of the water...
  14. T

"worm" ID

The other night I was feeding my tank and while I was sitting there I kept seeing something move very quickly out of the corner of my eye. I looked in the area and stayed very still. At that point I saw what looked like a green caterpillar coming out of the rock trying to go for a piece of...
  15. T

ID - to make sure he's a good guy!

It is aprox 1.5 - 2" accross and must have been eating something cause it is fat!
  16. T

ID - to make sure he's a good guy!

This guy came in on some rock that we got for my SH tank. The rock was in a BB tank waiting for the tank to be set up. The last time I had hitchhiker sea stars - they were the green "death stars" so I just want a confirmation that this guy is ok. He'd be going in our FOWL tank.
  17. T

Koralia question

Right now there is only two f. perc.'s
  18. T

Koralia question

Thanks for the replies. The way we have the heads right now - no food goes to the bottom (we have to turn off the heads so the the cleaning crew gets to eat!) We will more than likely go with the #3's. Raf: you have a really nice site there - we enjoyed looking through it.
  19. T

Koralia question

Right now I have a 90g FOWLR tank. Just for now we have a 900 and 1200 MJ, along with a 405 fluval - these are positioned so that there is a good circulation patter that doesn't alow for dead pockets. We would like to purchase a koralia in addition to the above MJ (eventually to add another...
  20. T

Powder Blue Tang - healthy??

He has a clip on the side, plus puts a sheet of nori out sandwiched between a LR and rubble just in case he is doesn't want to use the clip. But he is eating, while I was there, he was grazing off the rocks and eating the nori as much as he was grazing off the rocks. As well as the mysis.