Search results

1. robinscp

Mixing zoo's

I have purchased a few different zoa's from different sources. Could I place them all togeteher and create a mat? Will they attack each other or will this not be a problem? Cheers Craig:smirk: PS photo's will be posted as soon as they are settled.
  2. robinscp

Mixing dwarf angels.

I have an elbis angel in a 5 foot 400l tank. Whats the chances of adding another dwarf angel? Thinking maybe a rusty angel. Cheers Craig
  3. robinscp

My tank 11 months old what are these?

Well my tank is now 11 months old and I thought I would show you some of the things that have grown from the live rock in that time. If anyone knows what these are and how I should treat them please let me know. I have already had to trim the red sponge thing (2nd pic) several times. Cheers...
  4. robinscp

Dwarf lion fish?

Just looking at the option of getting a dwarf lionfish. Probably a fuzzy! I have a reef tank so what I want to know is; How big would a fish have to be to not get eaten. eg would fully grown clowns be OK? Would a fully grown cleaner shrimp be eaten? Would my snails get eaten. How...
  5. robinscp

Low PH

I am having problems with my Ph being low (7.5) I have argonite sand and use reef crystals salt for water changes(50 litres every fortnight) My tank is covered and I think this might be the problem. What do you think is the tank been covered stopping the co2 escaping and bringing down the...
  6. robinscp

Is this OK

I am looking to have a pair of clowns and an anemone in a 35l tank. The tanks filtration is as the picture and I would be removing the ceramic bio rings and replacing with purigen and using live rock as the bio filter. Will this be ok for the two fish and a few shrimps and mushrooms etc. I...
  7. robinscp

Lawnmower blenny

Would a lawnmower blenny fit into my current setup? I have no algae browsers except a few turbo's 400l aquarium mc600 skimmer eco 60 mud system two T5 lights fluval 405 with carbon and rowaphos tunze blower seimo blower Livestock: 1 flasher wrasse 2 pecula clowns 2 firefish 1 scooter blenny...
  8. robinscp

ARRRGH purple algae driving me crazy

I have a layer of purple algae over my sand that covers half my tank. I have added some more turbo's and they have cleaned up my rocks up nice. Will some obsoleta snails help sort my sand out? Phosphates are negligable but my nitrates are at 15 and I am trying to resolve this with a mud...
  9. robinscp

Looking for algae eater!

Here's the contents of my 4 month old 400l tank 1 flasher wrasse 2 bangaii cardinals 2 common clowns 2 firefish 1 shrimp goby with shrimp 1 red starlet dragonet cleaner shrimp, 2 turbo snails, loads of obseleta snails, one green brittle star, loads of small white brittle stars...
  10. robinscp

Seahorses possible?

Is it possible to keep seahorses in a 5ft 400l tank with live rock, soft corals, firefish, scooter blenny and watchman goby with shrimp? I have researched and it seems that the fish shouldn't be to much of a problem but I am worried about the high flow in the tank that I have to keep detritus...
  11. robinscp

Sea horses possible?

Is it possible to keep seahorses in a 5ft 400l tank with live rock, soft corals, firefish, scooter blenny and watchman goby with shrimp? I have researched and it seems that the fish shouldn't be to much of a problem but I am worried about the high flow in the tank that I have to keep detritus...
  12. robinscp

Cowrei or conch?

Is a cowrei the same as as a conch? I have a deep sand bed and thought I needed something to mix it up a bit. I know that conch's are good for this so I bought what I thought was one. I now know that it is a cowrei. What type I do not know. Is this reef safe? what do I need to know...
  13. robinscp

Red scooter Blenny

I made an error today.:bugout: I purchased a fish before researching it. I bought a red scooter blenny. My tank is only a month old and I have now discovered that they require live food. However I do have a load of coepeopods running around my sand and rock and the blenny is only 1" I...
  14. robinscp

ID this soft coral anyone?

Hi. Can anyone ID this soft coral for me please Many thanks Craig
  15. robinscp

All ready to go!

Well I have been rock watching for 2 weeks now. Great fun it is wondering what new creature I will see in my tank next. So far I have got some small sponges, a small white starfish, some caluarpa, some fan worms and a crab. I am slightly worried about the crab as it is a traditional looking...
  16. robinscp

Hello from the Uk

Hi all. Just introducing myself and getting the first post over and done with. I have been keeping fish for over 15 years (since I was a young boy) Mostly been interested in rare central and south American cichlids. I have about twenty tanks in a dedicated fish house which used to be my...