Search results

1. A

Rsm carbon bag question!!

The rms stock carbon bag, do I put it above the pump in the "chamber of death" or Nader the pumps? Do I need to rinse the bag before I put it in there? I tried to wash it, but the water becomes very black from the carbon, will it dye my tank water black as well? I know it may sounds silly, but...
  2. A

Weird cycle. Help!!!

I have a rsm 130d. Cycled with distiller water, live rock. In the first two weeks, ammonia reading was 0.25 nitrate 0, did not test nitrite. Now week 3, tank full of green hair algae, ammonia , nitrite , n nitrate all 0. I wonder: my tank cycle is completed already or not? and...
  3. A

Is green hair algae normal as part of cycle?

Is green hair algae normal as part of cycle? My rsm 130 has been cycled with cured rock n sandfor just over two weeks. Ammonia is at 0.25 nitrate is at 0 phosphate at 0, now there is a green hair boom in my tank. Is this normal? Shall I leave it let it run its course or do something such as...
  4. A

Tian's 130D Journal

Hello fellow reefers, I am now a proud owner of a RSM 130D. I would like to set up a tank diary here to share with everyone here! Please feel free to say hi and tell me what you think of my tank! First play with my aquascaping: 33 pounds of cured live rock Cycling process: 6 hours of...