Search results

1. B

Life Reef SVS2-24 In-Sump Skimmer with MagDrive 9 pump:

Hey All, Up for sale is my 2 month old Life Reef SVS2-24 In-Sump Skimmer. It's basically brand new, work's great. I paid $460.00 I'm asking $300.00 and I will include shipping. IM me if your interested: I'm happy to show a video of it in action. The transaction can be done on ebay as a Buy...
  2. B

My Reef Tank - Update

Good evening All, I thought it was time to post an update on my tank. 4 months new, and so far so good. The only thing I'm battling at the moment is some cyano in my fug, but I think with some added circulation, and less light during my 12 on 12 off I will be fine. The DT is clean for the most...
  3. B

Quick Shout Out to Unique Aquaria - Tewksbury, Ma

Good evening All, I'd like to give a quick shout out to Brandon Aka 'B' and the guy's @Unique Aquaria in Tewksbury, Ma For me, the hardest thing about this hobby/addition is finding someone knowledgeable, and someone you can trust. I believe I just might have found that someone. He's been in...
  4. B

To Mud, or not to Mud! That's is the question..

Good evening All, I'm trying to decide if Mud is the way to go in my refug. I've read so many good things about it. I'm curious how many people on here are using it, and what your thoughts are? I'm running this stand alone refug to basically handle what most want. Nutrient export, and good...
  5. B

Return Pump

Good evening All, Happy New Year.. My Little Giant 3-mdqx-sc has finally gone 'caput'. This pump worked fine for many years, somewhat loud, and had a tendency to run on the warm side. I'm looking for something that can push around 1100gph. It needs to be around 30db this tank is in my...
  6. B

Upgrading Tank - Who to purchase from

Good evening All, I'm looking to purchase a new tank, and thought I'd ask who on here you all would recommend, or online in general. I live in the Boston area, but have no problem with buying online verse purchasing locally. I can go either way Glass, or Acrylic they both have there...
  7. B

Newbie Needs help to Identify "Good" or "Bad"

Good evening All, Can somebody tell me what this is? I search thru the different species, but it didn't see anything carpet like with the color combo purplish / maroon? A form of Coralline Algae maybe? It's mainly on (1) rock, but I've been turkey basting, and now it's floating in a few...
  8. B

What type of "Power Head's"

Good evening All, I need to replace (2) power heads in my newly cycled tank. It's 100g display with wet/dry setup that adds approximately 10 more gallons if I had to guess. I've been noticing a slight build up on my rock and before I have any issue I want to switch out the (2) power heads I'm...
  9. B

New Tank - Cycling

Good evening All, Thanks for all your help with my recent Aiptasia infestation. I purchased some Red Sea Aiptasia X and for now it seems like I have it under control "Cough' Cough" Hopefully! I'm new the hobby, and just getting under way. My 100g tank has been cycling for (2) weeks now. I...
  10. B

Any Idea what this is?

Good evening All, Found this growing on some of my live rock. Any idea what this might be? I hope it's something I would want to keep. Thanks in advance, Mark C http://i1359.photobucket.com/albums/q782/Mcappy07/Anyideas_zps63a30c28.jpg
  11. B

New 2 The Max

Good evening All, I'm Mark, and I'm new to the Max. I was hoping to get insite on the SeaMax 250. I just purchsed a new/used one and would love to hear all about the different "Mod's" that can be done with this system. I'm curious to hear about changing out the stock T5's and upgrading to...