Search results

1. G

Rock Piles?

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have been around. Well I wanted to take some rocks and glue them together to make nice, firm rock structure/caves. I am wanting to know of what kind of material to use to glue the rocks together. Super glue, silicone, or what? Thanks all, Jay.
  2. G

Excess salt everywhere!

Hey guys, it's been a while since I have posted anything on here. I got a problem though. I have all this excess salt building up on the hood, on the outside walls on the tank, on my pump, and even on the wall behind the tank. I was wondering if everyone's tank does this or if something is...
  3. G

Is there anything for this?

Im looking for something to cover my intake and outflow pvc pipes in my tank. I have a few little shrimp in the tank and a few have already been sucked down.(They survived though, them tough little buggers.) Anyway, I was hoping there is something out there that I could cover them with.
  4. G

Some pics. of my tank so far

Alright guys, here are a few pics of my tank so far. :thumbup:
  5. G

More ignorant questions

Ok folks, more of my ignorant questions. I feel real stupid not knowing any of this stuff, but that's why I am here. What is the cycling period for a SW tank, like what should I have in the tank at this time. Sand and liverock? Also, how do you do a water change with saltwater. I was reading...
  6. G

Newbie with ?'s

Hello everyone, I'm Jay and I'm new to this site. I am a bit new to SW aquariums also. I used to have one about 1 1/2 years ago. But due to very high nitrates, it failed.(This was due to owner error) Anyway I have a few questions and a few pics of my set-up. First my set-up. Here is the...
  7. G

Hey, I'm Jay!

What's up all. My name is Jay and I 16 and from Florida. I am getting ready to set up my 55 gallon fish tank. I plan on making it a "local" tank. Possibly including: Baby Pompano, Flounder, Snook, Mullet, Redfish. I heard this was a great site and very friendly and helpful. :thumbup: