Search results

1. C

moving house

got lots of soft corals about100kg live rock and lots of sand in the sump as a deep sand bed
  2. C

moving house

hi i current have a 5x2x2 ft reef setup with sump im moving house in a few week dose anyone have any ideas or tips on how to move the tank with as little fuss as poss
  3. C

yellow finger dying

its a leather its not bone the fingers are going white and getting skinney where the flesh seems to be peeling
  4. C

yellow finger dying

some pics befor and after it is the one on the right my water tested salinity 1024 ph8ppm ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate 10ppm calcium 400ppm i also lost the hammer coral last week all the polops disolved into a red and white slimey mess so i think its protozan disease
  5. C

yellow finger dying

hi i have a leatehe witch i think is dying the flesh seems to be deteriating and leavin white like bones im going to give it a dip but befor i do should i cut the dead looking parts off
  6. C

hammer dying

just tested my nitrates and they are up to 30ppm the most ive had for three years i am going to do some big water changes not easy with 700ltrs could the dying hammer polute my water
  7. C

hammer dying

hi my readingsa are ammonia 0ppm nitrite 0ppm nitrate 0.25ppm ph 8 calcium 450ppm salinity 1.025 temp 25degrees c i took it out the tank as all the heads where disolved and it just looked like a white and red slimey mess when i took it out it smelt slightly rotten if it was slime...
  8. C

hammer dying

hi got home from work today to find my hammer with what looked like a mass of slime on it and all the polops deflated it has been in the tank for about eight mounths all water parameters are fine can any one help
  9. C

OT: How's the weather?

it raining hear in the north east of england temp is about 4 degrees c
  10. C

(OT) Just A Word Game

goosed
  11. C

Soap In My Tank !!!!

i think ide leave it and just keep an eye on it the skimmer should take all the soap out i once had painter and decorater round and he droped his paint brush in the tank the water was like milk but all the occupents where all fine and it all cleared after a few days
  12. C

help with id

Pseudochromis steenei found it cheers for the help
  13. C

help with id

hi bought a new rock of white shrooms at the week end got it home put it in the tank all is well but it seems i have a new fish must of been stuck in the rock it has an orange head and gray body with an orange rim around the fins ive taken some pics but they are a bit shakey i think its an...
  14. C

green carpet Anemone

found a new fish today think it came in hiding in the mushroom rock i think its some sort of dottyback but i cant get a propper look at it yet keeps hiding
  15. C

green carpet Anemone

well thanks for all the replies but i took it back this morning and swaped it foe a bicolour blennie fan worm and some whith mushrooms couldnot chanse loosing my tangs ive had them for about three years in from babies
  16. C

green carpet Anemone

The tank looks stunning, but i cant see any fish! i think i might give it a couple of days keep an eye on it and see what happens.
  17. C

green carpet Anemone

the fish seemed a bit weary at first it has not moved from that spot since i put it in yeasturday but i dont think i will take the chance with it it was a bit of an impulse buy
  18. C

green carpet Anemone

hear are some pics i think im gonna take it back dont want to take the chance of loosing any fish
  19. C

green carpet Anemone

tank is lit by double mh and has been set up about 1 year
  20. C

green carpet Anemone

hi i bought a green carpet anemone yesturday its still wandering trying to find some where it likes its in a mixed reef tank should i be worried about it eating my fish