Search results

1. kmaintl

Mystery TieDye ( Jawbreaker / GameOver ) Shroom Mushroom Polyp $240 shipped

I have a few frags, nickle size, bright neon orange, but no red starting yet. $240 shipped from San Francisco, CA. $200 cash for local pickup. 1st photo is sample frag photo. 2nd photo is of the great grandmother who started the lineage. the mother of my colony is in my avatar and it's...
  2. kmaintl

FS EcoTech Marine Radion XR30W LED Light Fixture $620.00 shipped

thanks, i actually sold it locally already before i left on my trip. please CLOSE thread.
  3. kmaintl

My procedure to get rid of ich disease

+1 agree and if your tank is fish only and no inverts, you can copper your tank.
  4. kmaintl

Is my Anemone ill/dying/dead?

lots of good info on bubbletip nems: karensroseanemones.net - INTRODUCTION 120ppm nitrates are way too high for nems, i would do 35%-50% water changes daily until the nitrates are down below 30ppm. you really want them consistently down below 10ppm would be ideal. your nem looks pretty...
  5. kmaintl

FS EcoTech Marine Radion XR30W LED Light Fixture $620.00 shipped

Pretty much everyone knows what this is already. This is coming off my new tank setup as I decided to go with another setup. Not more than 50 hours of usage running about 40% power... to strong for my nems. In perfect working order and brand new cosmetically. Original box and accessories are...
  6. kmaintl

Koran angel fish acting weird

+1 agree... unfortunately, you need to catch all the fishes out unless you plan to convert your tank to a FOWLR, never to have any corals or inverts. Just as Dave mentioned, you don't know how much copper to use since the live rocks keep absorbing it... so, you need to keep measuring the...
  7. kmaintl

copper cures a lot of external parasites including ich.
  8. kmaintl

if it's marine velvet, this won't help and why put your fish under anymore stress than it has to go through. copper is the best solutions and need to do it quick. about 10 years ago, i can tell you from experience that i did not recognize it in time and it completely wiped out my entire tank...
  9. kmaintl

FS: Rare display macroalgae (Rhodopeltis)

it's been a couple of months, any new frags?
  10. kmaintl

Rock Beauty

i think you got your answer, don't even try.
  11. kmaintl

Hello! New newbie to Reef Sanctuary

i'll see if i can see them later tonight.
  12. kmaintl

Photos- my newest addition found my anenme in 2 minutes

always cute when clowns host nems!!!
  13. kmaintl

How many fish can I keep in a 65g

yep, but don't get anything too big with the biggest fish around 2"
  14. kmaintl

Hello! New newbie to Reef Sanctuary

welcome, sounds good. yes, upload some photos.
  15. kmaintl

Is this coral dying, if so what could be the cause?

water params not right or toxins from coral battling.
  16. kmaintl

Best time to add, and place to purchase

at least 6 months... when your tank is well established and no parameters swings and your water become well aged. just like nano posted, lots of info on karen's site.
  17. kmaintl

Rock Beauty

i wouldn't take a chance. if you do, be prepare to catch him out if it doesn't work out.
  18. kmaintl

I hope Dave isn't right on this as typically, it wouldn't be. But if it is, he's ABSOLUTELY right! You need to move fast as it can wipe out your entire tank quickly.
  19. kmaintl

I would catch him out and put him into a Hospital tank and copper the tank... easiest method to kill any parasite. If your angelfish isn't too big, a 20g (75ltr) inexpensive glass tank would work.
  20. kmaintl

Mystery TieDye ( Jawbreaker / GameOver ) Shroom Mushroom Polyp $270 shipped

LoL thanks. i think you posted you wanted to see something rare in shrooms, i think this fits the hat.