Search results

1. chadwick

Is this just a 6 armed brittlestar

Found this little guy last nite. He looks like a brittle star to me but he has 6 arms. Some of his arms longer then the others. He was on top of my leaf algae. Pic coming lol
  2. chadwick

feeding your corals

I was just wondering how people feed there corals? I have just used my power head and blow what has collected on my live rock. I do this about two times a week. A little over a month ago I put pods in my sump and some in the dt. my first corals have been in almost a month now [a toadstool and...
  3. chadwick

Is this a type of snail?

Ok found this little guy last night. I think it is a snail. From what i could find on the internet but not real sure. No it is not the best pic hope it is enough to make out.
  4. chadwick

wrong algae growning

Tank readings 8/11/2012 temp 77 sal 1.023 ammonia 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 0 phos 0 kh 8 {143.2} ph 8.0 to 8.1 cal 380. Bought chetos for the sump same light as lfs was useing to grow theirs. I noticed it was not doing well so I took out my poly filter for phos. then a few days later brought I...
  5. chadwick

Reefs2 go and Aqua corals

These are two companys I have dealt with the last two days. First was Reefs2go found them on ebay. Ordered pods for my tank they arrived very active. They were very warm. Did not lose any from what I could see from the little size that they were. They was well packed and had two peices of filter...
  6. chadwick

Am I safe to get some soft corals

I would like to get a couple of corals this week. Ammonia 0 nits 0 nats0 calcium is at 360. would like to get a toadstool and a cabbage coral. plan on doing wc before they will arrive. Am I ready for them ? If not what do I need to do?
  7. chadwick

need help please

I have had my tank for two and half years now. hair alge took over it. I took out the substraight and added new sand. had my live rock in a plastic tub with water and a pump. Put the sand in on July 17th. July 18 I check the water here is the readings I got. salanity 1.24 ammonia .05 nitrite...
  8. chadwick

cycling my tank I think

Hi all Cleaned out my new tank about two weeks ago. Lr is in plastic tubs with water pump and getting done just like i am curing them. Had a bad case of hair alge. put new ls ? in the tank monday. tested the water tuesday. This is my test reading on monday. 7/18/2012 salanity 1.24 nitrites 0...
  9. chadwick

led lights

Just wanting to know what lights people are using for their 130 rsm. I was thinking of getting a Mairneland reef capable system. Good bad or is there something better for the price. Would really like to get a clam and some sps corals.
  10. chadwick

sump and fuge

I was wondering how the best way is to do this. I have looked around and read different things about them. Not sure how to run the water down and into the sump and fuge. 34 gal tank and have a 20 gallon tank for sump. I plan on making a filter in one chamber to hold chemi pure filter floss and...