Search results

1. F

corals for sale(N.E. Philly pick-up only)

I have some corals for sale for pick-up in N.E. philly area. branching frogspawn, about the size of a cantalope. $75.00 clam 4 1/2 x 3 1/2 $30.00 green mushroom rock 10plus pcs. $30.00 candycane coral 35 plus heads $50.00 neon green zoos 1-25plus heads brown/green hairy...
  2. F

trade/ corcea clam / philly area

I have a 4 to 4 1/2'' corcea clam for trade. local pick-up or delivery. if interested email: fatboyjoe2@msn.com for pix
  3. F

wtb ranco 2 stage controller

looking for a ranco 2 stage controller, fatboyjoe2@msn.com
  4. F

Ricordea

saltwaterfish.com sells them for 7.99 each with free shipping for orders over $75.oo. check it out. I just bought 6.
  5. F

anyone with aquasafe rodi aquarium unit?

I have a aqua safe aquarium rodi unit. It's over a year old. my tds is 100. I need new filters. witch ones do I replace? I have 5 stages. one of witch is resin filled.
  6. F

closed loop questions

Does anybody use a foam pre-filter on the inlet of their closed loop? and do you think it effects your gph.?
  7. F

tank cooling

I just purchased a fan kit from a famous online auction. the kit has 3 x 3'' fans wired together and has a temp. sensor. it looks like the fans that come in light fixtures. I am going to mount them on my eggcrate which is like a sceen on top of my tank. right now I use a clip on fan but it's...
  8. F

anyone have a aqua c ev series skimmer?

I have a aqua c ev series skimmer. I run my air intake full open.by doing so, the intake makes a whistling sound.If i trottle it down, It cuts my skimate down.Any tricks to tone down the whistling? and anybody running the aqua c with the air intake completly taken off? :smirk:
  9. F

zenia and ricordia mushrooms for trade in philly

I have 2 big peach colored ricordia mushrooms, about 5''x5'' and 4to 5 stalks of zenia for trade in the n.e. philadelphia area. fatboyjoe2@msn.com I'll send pix
  10. F

magnesium test?

thanks guys, I will buy a kit
  11. F

magnesium test?

I have a 90 gal. 17 month old reef tank with a sump and refugium. I have mostly softies, a clam and an anemone. once a month after the water change I test for ph, ammonia, nitrate, phosphate,calcium alk, and salinity. In my fuge I have a dsb, live rock and 4 mangrove plants. I just read...
  12. F

closed loop pump

I built a closed loop for my 90 gal. reef tank. I used a mag 9 submersible pump but I used it inline. I am not happy with the flow or the noise that my pump is making. I want to move up to a more powerful external pump. I only have softies so I don't need a lot of flow but I think I need at...
  13. F

closed loop problems

yes, I have a 90 right before the pump. I try to plumb it different. thanks
  14. F

closed loop problems

no bubbles, silicone on everthing.
  15. F

closed loop problems

I built a closed loop system today. I used a mag 9 pump, 1'' pvc intake and 2 3/4'' returns. the problem I'm having is the pumps making a loud sucking sound right where the 1'' intake meets the pump. I used a 1'' to 3/4'' coupling to connect the pvc to the pump. What do you think I did wrong?
  16. F

flex pvc

anyone work with flex pvc? Can you use standard fittings and glue with flex?
  17. F

anyone have a aqua c ev series skimmer?

my aqua c ev120 makes millions of micro bubbles.It's 16 mounths old so it's broken in. I have baffles in my sump but they only stop the bigger bubbles.i also have a prefilter sponge on my return but still millions of micro bubbles.what gives?