Search results

1. reefguy

DIY CSXC type Chiller

Doing great so far. It ran for 3 hours and got the temp down from 86 to 78 and have got it to hold steady at 78.
  2. reefguy

DIY CSXC type Chiller

Just missing the right size pump to fit the bio cube. The cold plate reads -2 degrees F. I am sure it can drop the water down 10 degrees at least.
  3. reefguy

DIY CSXC type Chiller

Hey everyone, I figured I would share what I have playing around with for a few days. I have a 8 gallon bio cube that is up and running but since it's summer and I am in NYC I don't want to spend an arm and leg on a chiller and then it's 40$ a month power bill.... So I came across the CSXC-1...
  4. reefguy

Red Sea Max 130d

Bump
  5. reefguy

Red Sea Max 130d

Hey everyone, figured I would post this here and give a real good deal to people who I know will use this tank correctly like I have. Its a great system and I love it but it's time to sell it because I am moving to a smaller place in Manhattan. Tank is currently located in queens/astoria. If...
  6. reefguy

Pictures At Last: Sick Wall Hammer

I use redsea for my test kits. The ones that are "lab grade" and they work great. On another note, I was told on here that all problems start with your water and where you get it and how you treat the water. Never trust your LFS they are in the business to make money and a very select few do...
  7. reefguy

Removing the center brace on a tank

Thanks for the help. My friend went with 2. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  8. reefguy

Problems with MH unit

Your ballast could be bad as well. I would check that. You could also invest in LEDs Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  9. reefguy

Removing the center brace on a tank

So I was wondering if I removed the center brace from the middle of a 65 gallon tank and replace it with 2 braces on each side will that work just as well? I would glue them about 8 inches in on each side to provide the extra strength needed to prevent bowing. I also would use acrylic...
  10. reefguy

Help!!!

Is this the same tank that had the original clowns die in and are these the replacements you got from the store? It's just my option but looks like your tank is cycling which if I remember someone on your other thread said would happen. Get your water and filtration right first and let the...
  11. reefguy

Just killed my RSM250

Awesome man!
  12. reefguy

Aquatop 21 gallon seahorse tank

No fake plants.. I hate them.
  13. reefguy

Aquatop 21 gallon seahorse tank

The goal is to have a self sustaining macro algae tank with a paired set. What I need to know is: live rock yes or no? I always put live rock. It's great for bio filtration. bare bottom or sand? I always go with sand in my tanks but I always go with 1/2 or less. That is just personal...
  14. reefguy

Blue tang with I think flukes

Pictures help FYI. We are just here to help. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  15. reefguy

Clown Fish Breeding Tank

Any update? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  16. reefguy

I think I know why he died!

I think you are changing to much water at any time. Those big water changes and so often can do damage IMO. This might be your problem. When you do water changes so often and 35% at that can eliminate the good bacteria in the water column and you could be having mini cycles or something. Do...
  17. reefguy

How many tangs for 180 gallon tank?

Make sure to add them all at the same time. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  18. reefguy

Did you put the new additions into QT? I never put anything directly into my DT. If they look fine in the LFS and when they get to your house and your having stress issues again, something must be wrong with your tank. I suggest you take a min and give us all a run down of what items are in your...
  19. reefguy

Just to add to mikes point. I order a lot from online retailers and the water that the fish arrive in is around 40 sg. It takes me over 3 hours to get the water to my levels before I can add them to the QT. I have a feeling that might be what happened in your case. Evaporation in LFS could have...
  20. reefguy

What is my urchin doing?

What is the white stuff coming from the top of it? Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk