Search results

1. Darkwrym

Brain Coral ID?

I thought that at one point, but looking at the majority of the pics I've found on either species of goniastrea, this piece seems to have more tissue than the ones in the pics. Liveaquaria has a pic on their website and it looks like mine just a different color. lol this is why I'm confused on...
  2. Darkwrym

Brain Coral ID?

I'm assuming that this is some species of brain coral. I originally bought it at a LFS cause it kind of on clearance because it wasn't doing so well and I thought I could bring it back. It only had 3 mouths and the tissue was shrunken in. I've had it for over a year now and it's recovered a lot...
  3. Darkwrym

First BTA

Give the BTA and the clown a little bit of time to adjust to the new tank. If the BTA was hosting the clown before it should do it again, but it may take a little bit of time. Not sure about the Maxi-mini though as I don't have any experience with them.
  4. Darkwrym

What do you use to log tank info

Excel spreadsheets and the Reef Tank Pro app for my iPhone. Usually I'll take my readings and write them on the Excel sheet and enter them into the app. Once a month I'll enter them into the copy on my computer. The app also allows you to create your own entries such as additives and activities.
  5. Darkwrym

finally found the culprit!!!!

I've heard of larger serpents (primarily green serpents) learning to catch fish even though they are fed well, but I've never seen anything about them eating healthy snails. I'm assuming it would be possible though. I think Luukosian is right though with getting him out of the tank. From what...
  6. Darkwrym

Old Dog learning New tricks - My Nano Blog

Wow. I'm absolutely stunned when it comes to this tank! It looks amazing!
  7. Darkwrym

Splitting nem and then fusing again, anyone got that before

I've got two Bubble tips and three flower anemones. I know bubble tips can possibly do this because they split themselves but as far as I know flower nems don't split like other nems do and will die if someone tries to split them. I do know that it's possible for mushrooms to do this because...
  8. Darkwrym

Pods? Algae? Odd fleshy translucent growths in the shaded areas

From the look of it, mostly the second picture, they look like pineapple sponges. I got a bunch around my tanks mostly in shaded, lowish flow areas. :spinner:
  9. Darkwrym

What is this in my GSP

Yup hydroids and ball nem. I got a whole rock full of the little ball nems. a couple bout an inch across lol. They're pretty cool little buggers. And theyre multiplying too. I've found them all over my tank. I HAD a ton of hydroids on a portion of the same rock but i burned them all off lol...
  10. Darkwrym

Shroom splitting but problem arises.

lol thats awesome Putt! Hmmmm... Might have to fish out one of my Ceriths for this or one of my hermits lol. My shrooms are spreading like crazy!! :laughroll
  11. Darkwrym

two clowns eaten

Not an expert on the subject and hopefully someone more experianced can chime in but this may help a bit: "A few of the larger species, like some of the Rhodactis and Amplexiduscus, can actually capture prey and sometimes fish, by quickly folding in the outer edges of their oral disc and...
  12. Darkwrym

Sams 29G pistol pond!

Read most of the thread. Tank looks great!! Finally getting around to getting a pistol shrimp myself tomorrow. Always wanted one lol. Should add to the facination of my tank. Two trained mandarins, cool little corals, and a pistol shrimp. :woohoo:
  13. Darkwrym

next fish

I have two mandarins right now, a red female and green male. Both are trained on frozen. They love live brine as well, but its not the best for them at all. It does take a little longer to train them but it is worth it. Definitly a great addition to a reef tank. Guides for training are all over...
  14. Darkwrym

Corals

Zoas are always a cool coral. I like mushrooms as well. I have a galaxea and love it but it stung my green candy cane a little. Like was said above it all depends on what your likes are and how much room you have as well
  15. Darkwrym

Weird spider thing. ID Please

They're pretty cool little guys. I got one on a mushroom I bought and now I have three lol. It seems to have split a few times
  16. Darkwrym

Green mandarin - Synchiropus splendidus

I'm gonna tag along with this one. I've had a happy male for about 2 months eating frozen foods just waiting for my LFS to get a nice female in. Those are really cool pics!
  17. Darkwrym

Hey all!!! Glad to be here!

Hey all!!! Glad to be here!
  18. Darkwrym

Hello Reef Sanctuary!!!

Glad to be here Travis! dmatt, about a half hour south of Detroit :spinner:
  19. Darkwrym

Hello Reef Sanctuary!!!

Hey all, I've been looking on this site for awhile now researching things about saltwater tanks since I recently started one up. I've been doing freshwater tanks for about 10 years and figured it was time for something new. My in some odd way I ended up with my old bosses nano tank and some...