Search results

1. texasreefer

Question from texasreefer

You know when I removed the crabs is when I confrimed (to my self anyway) that they are definitely parasitic. The photo I took of the hole the burrowed is at least an inch deep. This crab has to have 'burrowing' in its common name because, just like a bumble bee digging into wood, there is a...
  2. texasreefer

WoW i didn't know the pics would come out that large. Sorry
  3. texasreefer

I'm pretty sure this crab is parasitic, check out the hole left behind after I pulled out a Crab, and what looks like an egg sac. http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g14/texasreefer/TheHoleleftbehind.jpg Heres a photo of the Crab in the Hole, then after when it was extracted (keep in mind...
  4. texasreefer

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. On the first photo you can barely see the pincher of the claw on the right most side (our right). Also if you look closely you can see the two swimmer fins; commonly seen on blue crab. Much is uncertain of these little guys, so I will be starting a...
  5. texasreefer

A question about the crabs I found in my Lobophyllia Brain. THe little critters have established homes in three different spots of the brains lobes. Is there any solution on the market that is pungent enough to drive them out of their burrows without hurting the Lobophyllia? The lobo...
  6. texasreefer

Is feeding Formula II (frozen) good for phytoplankon feeders?

I have a fish w/reef combo and have always wondered if the algae on my glass (when scraped off) is food for Brains, Trumpets, etc? In a similar situation, are the macromolecules that are uneaten from a frozen veggie mix sufficent for phytoplankton feeders? Do they eat it?
  7. Closest I could get to Lobophyllia Crab

Closest I could get to Lobophyllia Crab

Is this a symbiotic crab? Help me ID
  8. Lobophyllia Crab - hitchhiker

Lobophyllia Crab - hitchhiker

Thats him, hes outside the burrow to the left of him
  9. texasreefer

Found a family of Crab in Red/Green Lobophyllia

Thanks FFrankie, thats really my question...This crab seems to be the daddy crab... I have him in a bag right now and i don't know wether I should put him back on the brain with the others or get 'rid' of him?
  10. texasreefer

how to take good pictures?

If you notice in your photo 'picture 25' the mushroom in the background is clear, but the polyps in front are blurry. Thats just a bad picture. You should always take pictures in the highest setting your camera has. You should experiment with different lighting schemes. ps use periods and...
  11. texasreefer

how to take good pictures?

I use photoshop. The key is to crop the picture first, so that only what is necessary is in the photo. Then shrink the image size. You have to have a good picture to begin with, if there's a problem there its the camera.
  12. texasreefer

Found a family of Crab in Red/Green Lobophyllia

I've had a Red/Green Lobopyllia for a couple weeks now, a couple days ago I discovered a pair of small crab on the lobos mantle (photo in gallery). I've never seen a crab like it, its about 5mm from leg tip to leg tip. Under actinic lighting it appears red and white, but under direct sunlight...
  13. Lobophyllia Crab

Lobophyllia Crab

14. Lobophyllia Crab

Lobophyllia Crab

15. 29 gal, CPR bakpak, PC lighting

29 gal, CPR bakpak, PC lighting

16. Candy Coral

Candy Coral

Bringing this guy back to life, purchase from LFS in pretty bad shape and pretty good price! One month in my possesion.
  17. texasreefer

Is the Seachem Iodide/Iondine test Accurate?

Thanks for the comments guys. Thanks for the chemistry Boomer.
  18. Ultra T. Crocea (3.5")

Ultra T. Crocea (3.5")

19. Ultra T. Crocea (3.5")

Ultra T. Crocea (3.5")