Search results

1. fishguy4

EEL Tankmates...

Hey i have a 55 gallon tank and i think im gonna sell everything i have and try an eel, maybe a snowflake? opinions on which eel would be great but what i really need is some advice on how much rock to have and the tank mates i could get. i was thinking maybe a marine beta, an angler and/or a...
  2. fishguy4

Separating my tank

Ok so i have planned for christmas that i would try to separate my aquarium and put all my current livestock on one side and buy a frogfish and a snowflake eel and keep em on the other side. does this sound like an ok idea? would it work out alright? Any opinions, suggestions, etc would be...
  3. fishguy4

How to keep water in check

so i havent been on the forum in months but i have been trying everything i can to keep my water quality up but i just cant keep it consistent. Basically what happens is ill do a wc and the water will be great for a couple days and then it will eventually go back to being bad in less than a...
  4. fishguy4

crazy looking crab!

i swear i thought live aquaria was sellin a rock lol. who knows :D
  5. fishguy4

Water quality update plus question

ok so i did like a 40 percent wc last night. i managed to knock over 2 gallons of saltwater, goin through the wood floor, through the rafters, and down onto the first floor. You can guess wat kind of response that got :soap: however the ceiling only leaked for like 20 minutes so hopefully i...
  6. fishguy4

water quality issues help!

I just did a wc and i got some more testing kits and my nitrate and phosphate levels are off the charts. my nitrate is a good .23 ppm and the phosphate is 1 ppm. i know these parameters are rly bad what should i do right now and what should i do for the long run? I think my canister filter may...
  7. fishguy4

test kits?

Im sick of buying a refill for a test kit every other week lol what are the best brands to get and dont some come in a bulk pack or somethin? like somethin with all the kits in it? Lol i rly dont know wat im atlkin about :P Anyway thx in advance haha :P
  8. fishguy4

Should i buy an RO/DI unit?

is an RO/DI system really worth it? I just wondered if its worth the $$$ and if my tank would be ok without it. Just lemme know if its worth it and a good place to buy one. Thx in advance!
  9. fishguy4

shrimp pissing off my leather :P

So i have this sweet yellow fiji leather that looks amazing i got him like 2 weeks ago. but my dumb cleaner shrimp keeps crawling all over him and standing on him and he keeps shrinking up and its rly annoying anyone got any ideas on wat to do?
  10. fishguy4

Keeping water quality good?

Ive been trying my best but its been hard to fit in water changes to my life plus buying the water from my lfs is expensive. i bought a sweet protein skimmer to help out and its doin well but not perfect u know. i just need to keep my water quality up because ive started to get bad luck with...
  11. fishguy4

New skimmer problems :/

I got an aqua c remora and its been doin awesomely lately but when ive been gone lately the powerhead part keeps popping off and then it kicks up A TON of sand and i gert back an hour later and the water almost looks like milk there is so much sand. any ideas om how to fix it?
  12. fishguy4

blue assessor update

ok so i talked to ORA and they said that the blues and yellows would be fine together. what i wanted to know is does anyone have one or know where i can get one for a cheep price? Thx in advance!
  13. fishguy4

Crazy aquarium!

YouTube - My creation Marine fish OPEN BOTTOM TANK The is crazy. A tank with no bottom! Check it out!
  14. fishguy4

assessor compatibility

ok so i have an ORA yellow assessor, and so im told the first ever released to the public. I absolutely love this fish and he is literally indestructible! anyway i have always wanted a blue assessor to go with it but there is no information about the topic on the internet. i wanted to know if my...
  15. fishguy4

qting BAD????

Yesterday i went to a different lfs than i usually do and i was lookin to upgrade to a 20 gallon QT. as i was looking this old guy who works there asked if i needed help. i said i was lookin for a 20 gallon QT and he like laughed at me. he said a qt tank is the stupidest thing he has ever heard...
  16. fishguy4

where to buy a skimmer

hey i am gonna get a hang on skimmer for my 56 gallon. where is the best place to buy ideally with lowest prices and best selection? thx
  17. fishguy4

Anthias in a 55?

Just wanted to know if i could keep a couple anthias in a 55. I have read that they need like a 70 but those always seem like highballs to me. Just curious what yall think. Thx in advance!
  18. fishguy4

Protein Skimmer?

I have a 55 gallon with a canister (fancy huh) Anyway ive been thinking about getting a protein skimmer but i dont know much about equipment esp protein skimmers. I just wanted to know things like advantages to having one, is it worth the cost, which brand(s) are best for the cost, general...
  19. fishguy4

just curious

just curious what are the little green oval things above the avatar? Thx :)
  20. fishguy4

mystery wrasse aggression?

I have always wanted to get a mystery wrasse but i had a sixline wrasse a long time ago and it beat up any dottyback or anything that looked remotely like it. im tempted to buy one but i just treasure my assessor for reasons listed below and i would DIE if it got hurt by this fish. Does anyone...