Search results

1. L

How do I make a sump pump system with a 15 gallon tank?

I have a 65 gallon FOWLR tank and a canister filter... I am tired of cleaning the thing every day. I have a 15 gallon that I am not using right now..how expensive would it be to convert it to a sump pump system? Right now I can not get my nitrate levels down enough to get coral. I'm just all out...
  2. L

How do I handle BULLY fish and when is it over crowding?

GL??? I feed her Mysis shrimp frozen cube thawed out and then every weekend live mysis shrimp
  3. L

I love my purple tang! He is my favorite fish. He was the main reason of me getting into saltwater and having a tank. I think he is beautiful!
  4. L

Hello Mike! It's nice to meet a fellow Michigander! You have a lot of tanks!!! How do you know...

Hello Mike! It's nice to meet a fellow Michigander! You have a lot of tanks!!! How do you know so much about tanks? Have any really big OOPS? I'm just really afraid to go to a reef tank after having a fowlr tank. Aren't reef tanks a ***** to keep up?
  5. L

I did rearrange the rocks when I caught the tang and he is still a bully. The clowns killed a picasso clown and tang beat the crap out of a copper banded butterfly and had to give the fish back to store before the tang killed it. I plan on adding more live rock...got about 45 pounds in there...
  6. L

I have a 65 Gallon tank with a medium purple tang (the King of the tank), 2 sand shifter gobies, 4 clowns, and a fire fish. The tank just looks bare. It just seems a lot of room for such a small amount of fish. Is this really all I should put in there? All levels are where they should be...
  7. L

Canister Filter...BIO BALL or no? Best stuff to put in your Canister filter????

Right now I have a FLUVAL 305 and a SUNSUN RW-303B. Both are canister filters and one has a UV light in it. Now I am well a where of how canisters are nitrate factories but I do not have the means of getting a sump pump right now so I need to work with what I've got. Okay, I know I need to...
  8. L

WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way off!

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way I have a canister filter...2 actually. So I have to clean them every three days? Got it. Are bio balls good or no?
  9. L

WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way off!

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way Nope, I got it. Different question though and I think I'm going to make a different forum about it but is there a way to make a canister pump a sump pump?? Adding live rock to a section if they are small...
  10. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way Yes, so the ick in the DT will die. Adding the fish back to early will only get them ick again. I HATE ick!!! I think that's the worst thing EVER!!!!!
  11. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way where the 150 going?? Did you sell it? You gotta be doing something right to be able to get that many tanks and such sweet fish!!!
  12. L

An incredibly gifted moron...

:hallo::hallo::wave::wave: Hey another fellow member with that darn ICK problem!!! Love the thread name as well and I completely agree with your reason behind it!!! and here I thought I was the only gifted tard out there!! :lol: Anywho, :welcomera:welcomera to the RS!! Where fish happens and...
  13. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way Sounds good but can I have a foo foo drink instead?? LOL :lol: I don't drink beer. I'm a lady and require a lady's drink. :) Was reading bout your tank bearjohnson...Wow...doesn't that run your electric bill...
  14. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way I already read that. I read everything I could think of about ick. I appreciate the input. I'm holding steady. Tang looks pretty though right? Nice looking fish. :) I know ick can be pretty...
  15. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way wow...didn't expect the pics to be that big. Anywho...I'll be testing my water in a little bit and I'll be giving you the results.
  16. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way Day 3 of ick...and still no spots or heavy breathing or jerky movements or staying at top of tank by anyone only white spots still on tang. Hmmm.... that is my QT with my fishies in it. Here is my DT
  17. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way What?!? Put them back in DT?!? Seriously?? Hey your in Canada..I'm in Michigan...Wanna come over and bring a good QT for me to burrow? I'll bring it back I promise. :grind:
  18. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way Current tests results PH about 8.0 but on the lighter side. Closer to 7.8 Ammonia is 0 but I think there is a trace...slightly green Nitrite is .25 Nitrate is 20 Copper is .25 How do I raise PH? Better...
  19. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way Puffer died 2 days ago..strangly cause water was perfect in DT. Then tang got spots and I had ick before and OMG it's so hard to get rid of!!! I lost 7 fish last time. which is 2 more than I have now if I lose...
  20. L

Re: WHAT GIVES?!? I did a massive water change CORRECTLY and the tests are still way OK I'm breathing....long deep breathes. Yes I am pretty sure it is ICK. Like 98% sure. White little spots all over my purple tang and other fish visiting my cleaner shrimp more often and the fact that I lost...