Search results

1. lukeeluciano

Do all RedSea Test kits use the same spoon?

I ordered the calcium refill kit and thought it came with a spoon. Too bad I trashed the first one. I have a RS nitrate kit and was wondering if the white spoon is the same as the calcium kit?
  2. lukeeluciano

possible Dinoflagellates?

Camera not working at the moment, so I will describe to my best ability. So I recently noticed having small bubbles on the LR, sand and Powerhead. Kind of like a brownish color that appears when the lights are on and recedes when the lights turn off. If I look closely at the sand, the bubble...
  3. lukeeluciano

Frog spawn bleaching

My other corals seem fine. 440 cal 8.5 alk 1350 mag 78 degrees 0 nitrates from red sea kit Aquaticlife T5 HO 54Wx6 ,3 months old using ATI: 1 purple plus 4 blue plus 1 54W fluorescent blub
  4. lukeeluciano

Can I add another fish?

I have 2 oc. clowns, 1 royal gramma, and foxface one spot. There is no fighting going on, and was thinking of adding another fish to add color to the tank. Any suggestions? Tank specs in my sig below.
  5. lukeeluciano

Pazipro in DT with corals and BTA

Noticed my fish in DT has white stringy poo, it would be hard to catch him and also the other fish too. Is Pazipro safe to use in DT with BTA, LPS and SPS corals? Thinking my Royal Gramma might have the internal parasites also since he was been spitting out his food lately.
  6. lukeeluciano

Finished dosing QT with cupramine

I just finished dosing QT with cupramine. Before I transfer my foxface and royal gamma to the DT, do I remove the cupramine first? Can I use activated cabon in a bag first in the QT?
  7. lukeeluciano

My new BTA

I recieved my BTA from vividaquariums on Wednsday. On Friday, my Clownfish started to go inside the anemone and all day she has been going in and out. This is how the BTA looks today.
  8. lukeeluciano

How do I remove prime before using cupramine?

Quarantining a Foxface and Royal Gramma with Prazipro, I used Prime for ammonia. How do i get the prime out before cupramine? Carbon and large water change?
  9. lukeeluciano

Recommendations for Fox Face food.

I have my new Spot Foxface in my QT and I have dried algae sheets. Any other good foods to have?
  10. lukeeluciano

One spot fox face

I have a 75 gallon tank with pair of ocellaris clown, pair of firefish and LPS corals. I wanted to add a one spot fox face, but heard they nip LPS corals? Is this true? if not, is this a good canidate to add?
  11. lukeeluciano

First time dosing my tank.

So I used my Red Sea kit for the second time and now my reading are low. Ca= 380 Alk= 6.7 dKH Mg= 1240 1.024 SG 8.2 PH This will be the first time I had low readings and will have to raise the elements. I have the BRS 2 part 1/2 gallon powder that I will have to mix in the...
  12. lukeeluciano

what is this on my firefish?

I has a raised dark bump on its side.
  13. lukeeluciano

Mean Kole Tang

In my 75 gallon, I had 2 clown and Kole Tang. I added a Mccosker wrasse and a LM blenny. The tang is going nuts bullying the new fishes. What can I do?
  14. lukeeluciano

Am I maxed out on fish?

Have a 75 gallon and now have a yellow kole tang and a pair of ocellaris clowns. Want to add a carpenter flasher wrasse. Am i maxed out? Have a 29 gallon sump that will be hooked up also. I made a section for a DSB and refugium.
  15. lukeeluciano

EShopps PSK100 HOB used in sump?

Was wondering since I made a 29 Sump, my in-sump section is 8"by11.75" and the baffle height is 11". I was thinking instead of buying a in-sump, just use by HOB skimmer and attach a PVC pipe with a coupler to add 6" in length to the intake and return section. Do you think this might work?
  16. lukeeluciano

75 Gallon with 29 DIY sump

I have a 75 Gallon with about 85 lbs of LR and 1"-1.5" LS. I running a sumpless set up right now because I dont have the overflow, in sump skimmer and return pump. This is the things I have now and would like recommendations for the items with a ? mark. I want to also have LPS corals too...
  17. lukeeluciano

20 gallon DIY sump/refugium

55 gallon tank, 60 lbs live Rock and 50lbs sand, pair clown fish and royal dottyback tank 3.5 months old, eshopps psk100 hob and two koralia evo 1050 with smart controller. I want to add a DIY 20 gallon regular tank for most more water volume total. Going to leave hob skimmer on DT. Want to...