Search results

1. H

cheato in surface skimmer cup question?

to those that use this method. how do you clean the cheato? just take out and rinse? running a RSM 130d btw
  2. H

replacing sand with crushed shell or coral

hey everyone wanted to know if any one has done this and if it is even worth doing i want to replace the sand in my rsm130d because it gets picked up to easy and covers everything should i just take everything out and replace or take a little and cover?
  3. H

looking to replace power heads on 130d

any suggetions?
  4. H

attachment on rsm 130d stock powerhead

i watched a video of a red sea max 130d and on one of the powerhead it look like there was a small reactor with some black pebbles or balls in side. if anyone knows what it could be please reply
  5. H

bio pellets on RSM 130d

has any one done this yet if so can you post some pics and plum done
  6. H

Higgs RSM 130D started 05/04/2012

hey everyone finally got everything up and go so time for pics!. last one is the skimmer with the air intake going in to the cup to create the vacuum nothing bubbling over yet so fingers crossed will upload more as it progresses
  7. H

skimmer not producing enough to bubble over cup

hey everyone i have the red sea max 130d i did the mod in which you put the air tube in the cup to create suction. and i put live rock in yesterday and i cant get the bubbles to come up over the cup i have the valve wide open and not sure what else to do. any help would be great!
  8. H

Reef Care Program

any one know where i can buy the reef care program and the test kits
  9. H

plans for RSM 130d under cabinet refufium

Hey there everyone I went ahead ad purchased the rsm 130d and I am looking to mod it out as I hear the skimmer isn't the greatest What I have seen and really appeals to me is the under cabinet refugium with protein skimmer I know they are out there but if any one would be kind enough...
  10. H

looking to buy a RSM 130d

Hey there all Little background on my experience level I have had a fresh water 55 gal tank for well over a year and have had no problems. My girlfriend has been dealing with saltwater her whole life, and we are looking in to buy a new tank and cant decide between the nano cube or the RSM...
  11. H

hello everyone

hello there i just joined because me and my girlfriend are about to make the move over to saktwater and need a place to get some anwser to questions the local shops cant anwser so i saw this site and from what i have seen looks like a friendly group