Search results

1. B

Ea1000

I am interested in this new tank from Evolution Aqua although its only 225 litre it looks realy good, especially the lighting. My red sea max could soon be up for sale. http://www.evolutionaqua.com/acatalog/eaMarine_1000.html Please let me know what you think? Bob
  2. B

Alien Worm?

About 6 monhts ago I saw a whitish grey worm of about 1" long in the sand of my RSM 250 but when I tried to catch it it disapeered under a large piece of live rock. I tried to identify it with books and internet sites and the closest I came to finding was it was possibly a type of bristleworm...
  3. B

Update on my 250

Following a short circut in the lid of my 250 a few weeks ago causing one bulb to fail and also my water-cooling fans at the back of the tank to fail (which I did not spot straight away) my 250 got up to around 33 degrees temp and in my absence lost a couple of fish and four shrimps and several...
  4. B

Someone got lucky

Red Sea max S-400 sold on ebay this morning for £1254.00 inc £700 of live rock, corals & fish. WOW! 300766788368 Bob
  5. B

HELP electrics in 250 lid

Hi all, seeking some help. After emptying and cleaning my skimmer the other night I must of put it back incorectly or adjusted flow wrong as it filled with water and caused an electrical spark in the hood of my 250max as a result one bulb failed and the fans stopped working. I have replaced...
  6. B

HELP! Bubbletip

I have just added a bubbletip for my minstrel clowns but wherever I put it, on rocks, sand or wedged between rocks it ends up floating around the tank and is just tumbeling about in the flow from returns. How do I secure it in one place? I have read that they take a while to settle in one...
  7. B

Starfish spawning?

I have a very large sand sifting starfish and just now right at the front of the tank it arched itself off the sand and proceeded to eject millions of tiny dots into the tank. Everthing else is chowing down on whats being chucked into the water. Is this spawning? I always thought they split to...
  8. B

1 month after move

I only bought my red sea max 250 a month ago, it had been up and running for around 18 months (moving an up and running aquarium 120 miles is no easy task, trust me) but now it has all settled down and coral growth is good and all fish & inverts seem fine so thought I would post some pics as...
  9. B

Pulsing xenia (Harvest)

The pulsing xenia in my rsm250 is starting to take over and is outnumbering my other corals. I believe this can be harvested but dont know much about it. I have always treated coral as a living organism (which it is) but do I snip it off with scissors? try and peel it off live rock? and once...
  10. B

Scarlet/Flame Hawkfish

Just picked up a Hawkfish and seems a great addition to my RSM250. He/She? sits on a rock or coral and darts out in his wiggely swim for food then returns to sit on rock or coral again. It was a little pink when I got it today and just a few hours in my reef system and he is flushed with red...
  11. B

New here

Hello folks, a quick intro is in order so here goes. Bob in Warrington cheshire UK, I have kept fish of and on since fairground goldfish age about 9 yrs, through 5000 gallon pond of Koi and variouse indoor tanks inc marines but had been out of the marine side for ages until a couple of years...