Search results

1. Reefing Madness

i got a problem and i need help........

Never mind, we aint' on the same page......
  2. Reefing Madness

Coral ID please & help!

If your one time your late, if your one minute early, your on time.:laughroll
  3. Reefing Madness

Can't wrap my thoughts around that one though. you would have to leave enough room in your DT for what.....?? 3-5 Gallons of sump water to go into the DT in case of an syphon break? Most don't leave room for any water for the DT to take extra in. And If i was to leave enough room in the sump for...
  4. Reefing Madness

Vodka dosing and Hair algae

Not really. I do it with a Coralife Super Skimmer 220 in a 240g tank. But, I might add that Vinegar does a much better job of hiding the fact that your dosing. Less Cyano and other issues.
  5. Reefing Madness

I did, but it still takes out a couple gallons before break, if you drill it to high, it sucks in air, and you get bubbles blowing all over the place. Also, he said, not enough water in sump to overflow the DT incase your syphon breaks and it doesn't go back to sump, thats the one that has me...
  6. Reefing Madness

Toadstool problem

+2
  7. Reefing Madness

I run my outlet hose into the sump itself.
  8. Reefing Madness

So, you run your tanks low on water in case of possible flooding issues? Most have their tanks filled so water line is not seen by anyone. ??
  9. Reefing Madness

Toadstool problem

Yea, if its disolving, its dying. If you can see a slight shiny sheen on its surface, its shedding.
  10. Reefing Madness

When clowns attack

Yea, just plain mean lil buggers. I've hit my elbow on the hot as hell halides I couldn't tell you how many times. Clownies have no fear.
  11. Reefing Madness

Calcium precip

Well hell, enjoy your time there. :golf:
  12. Reefing Madness

:thumbup: Got mine hooked up using a Aqualifter Pump.
  13. Reefing Madness

DIY Overflow Using Only PVC Pipe (DIY OVERFLOW PROJECTS) Melevsreef.com | Acrylic Sumps & Refugiums
  14. Reefing Madness

Calcium precip

Doesn't look like a pricip problem to me. What coral do you have in the tank? That would be spawing?
  15. Reefing Madness

do i need a water change

No, don't leave the air line closed, run it like its been on the tank for months. If you are able to, remove the skimmer give it a scrub off with vineagar and water, this will remove the resin on th acrylic, and your skimmer should start wroking in a day or 2.
  16. Reefing Madness

Kryptonite trumpet coral/ candy cane coral having problems

^+1 Sounds dead to me. The white you see is its base. Water parameters? Flow? Type of lighting?
  17. Reefing Madness

New kole has ich I think

Don't care what Lee has to say. He can't think outside the box. He's like a bean counter, he's to much of a by the numbers guy. And it doesn't work that way. If Lee was correct in this theory, then how in my tank, did I get ICH to show up, after not adding 1 fish to the tank for a YEAR. Then...
  18. Reefing Madness

New kole has ich I think

I gotta agree with Matt on this one. I had not introduced any fish for a year, then introduced a Naso that was in a Copper Treated QT for a month. I put em in, and BOOM!!! ICH, out of the blue. Didn't come in on the Naso, not after being in Copper. So, where did it come from? I say its in the...
  19. Reefing Madness

New kole has ich I think

A healthy fish can fight of Ich no problem. My Hippo Tang gets ICH everytime I put in a new fish, he always fights it off without my intervention. And none of my other 6 Tangs gets it.