Search results

1. L

refugium

Algae stresses-dies as in going sexual because it has been mistreated, I have provided conditions to stop that as of many years ago. It’s a shame you can’t get some the following. It achieves complete toxin and nutrient importing to the degree of needing no water changes and I haven’t...
  2. L

Queensland aquarium club reef life collecting for late 2012

Our wonderful waters not far from Brisbane in Southeast Queensland has put on a good show as per usual for us on aandtsociety collecting trips for our reef aquariums. We have had some great free dives, wonderful low tide walks and breath taking scuba trips for photo opportunities. Quite...
  3. L

Marine aquarium club in Brisbane Auz-reef life collecting.

Over so many years the aandtsociety has accumulated so much knowledge from the interaction with our collecting trips and it helps no end to acheive excelent results with the hobby. The pics we take these days have become a big part of the collection trips,some pics are wonderful,these few are...
  4. L

Just an Auz natural system run tank that maybe interesting to some?

One thing i did not say about the tank this time is the temp range,I don’t let it get above25c,the chiller is set at 24c and the heater is set at 21c. The latezonatus amphiprion group in the tank,I collected for myself,we have lots of them out of us, also starkii damsels, temperate tube worms...
  5. L

The net is an amazing recourse guys, but it s mainly governed by selling, you know sponsorship,selling advertising space. So everything on the net on average is directed at what is sold for you to use,sadly that is what the hobby has come to more so these days,sought of like the big rip off days...
  6. L

Different life forms give off different ammonia, this is important to apply when starting the system so the tank has matured life forms to cope with all types of waste. The dead coral and any other cal structures I use I boil and soak in chlorine to have a completely sterile start to the system...
  7. L

I saw the thread on the mega powerful phosphate remover etc and to some degree,sought of,my tank run by my NWMS has some of that type of support. The algae i use in conjunction with many other areas of bio filtration is our local racemosa,surge zone taxifolia and a locally collected...
  8. L

Marine aquarium club in Brisbane Auz-reef life collecting.

Hi from Auz guys. The aquaruim club has had some top free diving adventures over the years with in the clubs organised field trips and has been doing these fields trips for both freshwater species and reef life since 1927 from when the club was first formed. As most here know we are only...