Search results

1. norfolkgarden

Tank turned 49 this year

What was the final solution for the elevator?
  2. norfolkgarden

Help! New fish

Congratulations! Lol, that was how I managed to get a 75 gallon tank in the door. Was wondering how I was going to explain the cost of a whole new system and where we would put it etc etc. I had been wanting one for 6 months. A coworker's next door neighbor was getting rid of several...
  3. norfolkgarden

So my tank is too small for a Tang.... but what next?

Do you have any interest in a fairy and flasher wrasse tank? I believe the tank is 70 gallons? Can you tell us a little more about your coral goals and what type of smaller fish you like? There are few smaller fish more colorful then a flame angel fish. But they are not always coral...
  4. norfolkgarden

Help....bristle worms barage

Wow, they are good for the tank. I still see 1" long worms on and off when I move stuff around. But I don't think I would like them if they were big enough to go after my fire shrimp! We have fish that eat them, so less of a problem. 35 gallon tank is kind of small for most of the fish we...
  5. norfolkgarden

Couple almost dies after Cleaning Reef Tank

Good morning Sir. [emoji4] Clearly you have been extremely busy with the house and moving. Fox news is Fake news. [emoji23] And slow. You can also read about the dangers of pulsing xenia (as opposed to Grandis paly's) on such Venerable websites as Reef builders. [emoji53] On another thread...
  6. norfolkgarden

Chillin like a villain

Your pic only shows when you click on it. Here's a screen shot. Not good enough with corals to ID it. Sorry. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  7. norfolkgarden

Seaweed on clip or rubble?

We use clips to feed our butterflies and angelfish. The butterfly rips the exposed seaweed off the clip right at the clip. Then it floats away. The fish need something to pull against to get a piece of seaweed small enough to eat.... The fish would be thrilled if I were available to add more...
  8. norfolkgarden

Dottyback lover

They can work in a 75 gallon, 4 foot wide tank. They each pick a side and mostly keep to it. One will be more dominant and have a bigger territory. 3 didn't work. Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
  9. norfolkgarden

Is getting one clown “bad”?

Sorry, I should have added that the different types of hermit crabs will always need empty slightly larger shells than what they have now available as they molt and get larger. Based on 4 years of observation. Blue leg hermit crabs like dwarf cerith snail shells. (Willl kill the live snails...
  10. norfolkgarden

Is getting one clown “bad”?

Snails die because of 1. Bad care/shipping water parameters before they reached your tank. 2. Predatory hermit crabs. (All former dwarf cerith snails are now blue leg hermit crab homes.) 3. Tank crash. Our money cowrie is now 5 years old and survived a tank crash that killed serpent starfish...
  11. norfolkgarden

Our 2" regal blue tang has a black center verticle stripe on it's face/nose

here is a link to a pic of the regal tang. https://www.evernote.com/shard/s192/sh/7741fe0e-0f76-4f01-9581-5e366ad41a86/eab1faaec92de17dc3c8ab00ca0eb2b2
  12. norfolkgarden

Porcelain Crab Do they multiply??

How long has it been since you added the first 2 porcelain crabs? We added 2 about 3 weeks ago, but haven't seen them for the last 2 weeks. Thanks, Matt
  13. norfolkgarden

Our 2" regal blue tang has a black center verticle stripe on it's face/nose

Our 2" regal blue tang has a black center verticle stripe on it's face/nose instead of the normal blue color. Also concerned it's eye doesn't look right. All other indications including feeding seem normal. All the other fish in the tank seem normal. We have had the fish for 5 months before...
  14. norfolkgarden

Coral Wars, Placement, future growth

Cool, Thank you! haven't read that before. They are currently separated, but now I will make sure they stay that way. As we have added lighting, the shrooms and Ricordea all dove for the bottom of the tank. Any idea on Zoa's and Chalice?
  15. norfolkgarden

Coral Wars, Placement, future growth

New to salt water, 1 yr+. fresh water for a few decades. I started my coral selection with a gardeners mentality. Buy a bunch of tiny frags and see what does well and grow more of that. So far, everything is growing well. Now I just need a bigger tank to put it all in... I'm looking for...
  16. norfolkgarden

coral placement reference

bump Been researching corals on Google for our new (1 year old) salt water tank. This is still one of the best and more complete references to date! Thank you to everyone who helped out with it! :clink: