Search results

1. xquisit1985

Ebay LED light fixtures TIMER? DIMMER? DIY?

Please forgive me if this has been discussed previously. I am wondering if there is anyone in the LED group that can give me a little insight on adding a digital timer that would control sunrise, sunset effects. I currently have x2 120w Full spectrum (55, 3watt LEDs Per unit) LED fixtures that...
  2. xquisit1985

where to buy a new canopy?

I have a 130D and am having trouble finding a new canopy.. I need the whole thing... Timers lights fans splash guard etc... Any help would be awesome! Thanks in advance!
  3. xquisit1985

LED Questions.. Intensity Etc.

Forgive me if this has been discussed previously, I am unable to find answers to the questions I have as a fairly new reef keeper of 8 months. First things first. My Tank: 20 gal nano standard size Fluval 306 canister filter loaded with chemi pure and purigen Hydor nano powerhead and fluval...
  4. xquisit1985

Tank Crash, Need Advice, Sad day here.

Well, I woke up to a massive die off overnight. Its very odd. I am suspecting a few things and could use some advice on how to approach this. I lost the following, I will explain why this is odd in a minute. OC Clown 2 Dansels approx 10 unkown small snails 3-4 ceriths 3-6 blue and red...
  5. xquisit1985

Need help identifying my anemone

got him today, LFS said its a geen bubble anemone, but i have my doubts, they had it under awful lighting so i am hoping that it being under my insane amount of led that it will color up, however, it hasnt yet, and i am curious if anyone here is able to identify it with me. hes a small guy...
  6. xquisit1985

Need help identifying coral frag

Above the mushroom in this pic is a pinkish redish coral frag i got on a piece of rock, it looks as if thier are tiny hair specs clinging to it to make up its color on the outer skin. hope that link worked <a...
  7. xquisit1985

Question about canister filters

ok... i know you will be dissapointed, but i have my rsm set up right now housing cichlids... fw eek... ok so i havent had the time and money to go salt yet but i am workin on it. in the mean time... these lake fish are VERY dirty and i need additional mechanical filtration. i have a diy 10...
  8. xquisit1985

Red Sea Max 130d DIY sump NEW TO SALTWATER

Hey folks, I have decided to finally take the dive. I ordered my 130d last week and am anxiously awaiting its delivery. I have been a member here on the forums for some time and have learned a great deal about this hobby thanks to all of you posting your experiences and advice! so for that I...
  9. xquisit1985

My RSM 130d with DIY sump/refugium

My NEW RSM 130d should be here this week! I am new to saltwater fish keeping but have some minimal experience with freshwater. In anticipation for the arrival of my new 130d I just HAD to get my hands a little wet, and have decided to build a DIY sump/refugium. I am considering making a few...