Search results

1. W

Building a new custom tank. Need advice!

So I am running out of room in my RSM 250 and am working on a new custom build that will be larger. Here is what I am considering - 130cm X 70cm X 60cm display Orphek LEDs X 2 Vortech mp40 X 2 46 gallon sump and fuge Reef octopus extreme 200 skimmer 3pump doser Since this will be my first...
  2. W

Diatom bloom

Right so my year old rsm250 strung a diatom bloom on the sand this week. I replaced the lamps last couple of weeks which I assume is the reason any idea how long this is likely to last? Parameters are all stable and have been that way for a while. The only thing that is out of sync is...
  3. W

T5 lamps for the Aquael Reefmax

Right so here's the story. All this time I have been running my red sea max 250 and aquael Reefmax on stock lights. Just moved the RSM to better ATI etc. lights and what a world of a difference! So obviously I am now salivating at the opportunity to move my Reefmax to better lamps. With the RSM...
  4. W

Injured brain

My torch fell into my brain for a second and now that portion of the brain has retracted. Been about 4 hours sine it happened. No skeleton showing but flesh looks damaged. Can it heal?
  5. W

Going global

Right, so a short introduction. Been running reef tanks for a few years now. Fresh water for as long as I can remember. Currently have an RSM 250 and a 30 gallon Aqual Reefmax. The latter is over a year old and should be reset soon. RSM about 7 months old and doing great.