Search results

1. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

Everything running great I will post pics when I get a chance I had to add a aqua lifter pump to the home made PVC overflow cause it lost siphon and caused a flood but I think that only happened because of the check valve probably got salt creep in it and let air in
  2. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

skimmer has been working great
  3. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

I got a $70 sc65 skimmer from ebay there's a 30 page thread on reef central talking about how well these cheap knock off skimmers work lets see I gave mine a vinegar bath and its been running 13 hours side by side with my sapphire aquatics skimmer .The sapphire is winning by a lot maybe it's...
  4. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

thanks took a ride to pet's warehouse Long island NY it was a bad idea $ fire and ice enchinata pink lemonade a friends chalice cant wait till it grows so I can get a piece hint hint
  5. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

thanks boredom strikes pulled out the tripod and macro lens when I grow up I want to have photo skills like moidol , straightjiggy,pinoy etc... these are frags I got back the other day from my friend who got my 10 year old system
  6. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

Been getting better slowly so after visiting my buddy that got my previous 10 year old system I transformed the tank with more rock and some more frags from my old tank. I removed the tunze 9002 it is by far the worst piece of equipment I have bought in my 10 years of reefing the sea clone is...
  7. emmanuel

tunze 9002 stopped

I just sold my tunze 9002 1 month old for $110 this was by far the worst piece of equipment I have purchased in my 10 years of reefing I liked My first skimmer better (a sea clone)
  8. emmanuel

What You Need to Know About Bluespots

anyone keep one with a yellow watchman goby ? Mine was doing great for a month till I introduced a YWG next thing I know the YWG had a busted lip and the BSJ went into hiding for 2 days with a busted lip and died
  9. emmanuel

RIP blue

theres nobody else in there I've had all the rock and coral that's in this tank for 10 years in my bigger system I broke down with the exception of 4 frags of acans that are on small frag plugs . It either had to be a fight between the two or maybe some kinda disease the yellow watchman had that...
  10. emmanuel

RIP blue

I added a Yellow Watchman Goby (YWG) a week ago within a couple of days I notice the YWG had a busted lip A couple days after that the lip is worst and his top fin is missing . Then the BSJ didn't come out for 2 days the second day I noticed the BSJ also had a busted lip I guess they had a fight...
  11. emmanuel

what impeller for skimmer pump to act as a regular pump

Has anyone figured out what impeller you can use on the hydor skimmer pump . I figure being that its useless as a skimmer I might as well make some use of the pump. I butchered a spare impeller from a mj1200 and super glued it to were the needle wheel use to be .It works but If anyone has...
  12. emmanuel

tunze 9002 + intank cup + original cup NEW

I month old still have box Its as close to new as it could get + the intank collection cup $150 shipped (to US only) if you want a picture just look it up it looks exactly like the brand new one no scratches no nothing ... But seriously if you want me to go through the trouble if you're...
  13. emmanuel

Red Sea MAX 130 water level

In the beginning of my set up I had the media rack with a bag of carbon and a bag of rowaphos and it would slow down the flow coming in so the tank water level would rise
  14. emmanuel

post #5 top picture is my top off
  15. emmanuel

the middle chamber should stay constant the way the baffles are set up at least it does on mine I have the older 130 not the 130d before I set up a sump I had the top off in the middle chamber by the left baffle close to the return pump chamber and the water level in the tank was right up to the...
  16. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

lol I ended up in the hospital after spending 3 days in bed . I hate doctors they just give drugs and send you home I'll post some pictures when I feel better Its 50 degrees outside and I cant even ride my motorcycle.
  17. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

Thursday night I was having severe back pain and my temporary mj1200 return pump decided to die while I was out causing the gfi to trip and shut off the power to the tank lucky for me I had calculated everything and tested repeatedly to make sure the sump can handle all the water if the power...
  18. emmanuel

How to get rid of Hair Algae

a trick I found to get rid of hair algae is if you could take the rock out of the tank that has algae pour peroxide on the algae or use a cotton swab to get some hydrogen peroxide on the algae rinse the rock with a little tank water and put back in its place in 2 days no more algae . I even had...
  19. emmanuel

My moded rsm 130

the remora and sapphire produced 1 ounce of very dark skimmate and the tunze 2 ounces of light skimmate