Search results

1. ReeferZack

ReeferZack's updated 29gallon Reef

Hello all, I have been away for sometime, busy with work and school. I just wanted to post to updated tank shots. Most of these are pretty updated you can see which ones are slightly older because they are missing some of the corals you see in the other pictures. I will get a more updated...
  2. ReeferZack

Silly question

I didn't know where to put This strange question. But basically my friends are always thirsty and sometimes they see my gallon jug of what looks to be water. And it is really calcium buffer that I mixed up. So hypothetically what would happen to the human body if heaven for bid someone ever...
  3. ReeferZack

Toadstool under attack

I bought a small toadstool yesterday afternoon. Everything seemed fine, even when I woke up this morning. I get back from the dentist again and it is closed up flat and I noticed these small black/brown raised dots on the toadstool. I have nerite eggs all over the place so could these be the...
  4. ReeferZack

Questions with surface skimming

Hello, I have a HOB Reef Octopus bh 1000 on the back of my 29 gallon reef tank. I had to cut just over an inch of intake pipe off so I could get the teeth to the surface skimmer part out of the water. They are only out about half an inch over the water surface and there is about 2.5 give or...
  5. ReeferZack

Protein Skimmer Freaked when adding carbon

Hello, I have been running my tank without carbon. The tank is only around 58-60 days old. I added a deep blue carbon pad (cut into a 2.5X9inch strip). I added this to the return chamber of my BH 1000 HOB reef octopus skimmer. After doing this the skimmer kicked into over drive and began...
  6. ReeferZack

150w Bimini Tank Mount HQI Metal Halide fixture

Brand new 150 watt metal halide by Hamilton technologies. Bimini Tank Mount HQI Aquarium light system, Hamilton Technology Corp. - SalesAquarium supplies&Aquarium lighting by Hamilton Technology I just put it over my 29gallon 3 days ago and decided I don't need that much light for the corals I...
  7. ReeferZack

Precipitating Calcium?

So I am on day like 52 of my 29 gallon reef tank. It cycled about a month ago. Water has been running crystal clear until about 4 days ago. 4 days ago the water started to become cloudy. Nothing new was added to start a bacterial bloom so I ruled that out. About a week ago I tried dosing...
  8. ReeferZack

Deep Blue Solarmax dual t5ho 10k/anitic Fixture 30inch

So I am upgrading my lights already. I want to sell this fixture it is less then 1.5 months old. I have just finished cycling my reef tank so they have been used sparingly so you could say barely used. Search online and brand new they sell for like 110-120 sometimes more. I am trying to...
  9. ReeferZack

Looking for lighting upgrade

So right now I only have 2 24w t5ho fixture on my 29 gallon reef tank(ending the cycling period). I wanted to upgrade. I saw this on ebay and it seems to good to be true. 30" MH250 W HQI AQUARIUM LIGHTING FIXTURE T5 HO 24W | eBay Can someone tell me what they think of this light and is it a...
  10. ReeferZack

ReeferZack 21!

Just wanted to let everyone know I am the big 21 today. I shall not remember this day either.
  11. ReeferZack

29 Gallon Reef Tank Project

I moved this from nano because I felt 29 wasn't really a nano tank. Hello, I am new to the reef hobby and have began on my first reef tank. I realize it is harder to start smaller but this is the largest I could do right now so I am sticking it out! I am on day 15 of the precured fiji live rock...
  12. ReeferZack

4 bulb t5 ho fixture

Hello I have a 29 gallon reef tank in the cycling stage. I want to upgrade to a 4 bulb t5 ho system. Can anyone recommend one. I am not wanting to spend more then 220 dollars. Thanks!
  13. ReeferZack

29 Gallon Reef Tank Project

Hello, I am new to the reef hobby and have began on my first reef tank. I realize it is harder to start smaller but this is the largest I could do right now so I am sticking it out! I am on day 11 of the precured fiji live rock cycling. Nitrates and Nirtrites are way up. Tank Features 29...
  14. ReeferZack

New Reefer

Hello, I'm Zack and I am new to reefing and decided to finally join RS after about of month of poking around it. I just started my future 29 gallon reef tank. I will have a tank thread started shortly with pictures to follow. I look forward to interacting with you people and gaining invaluable...