Search results

1. R

Come home to this?

To me it looks like its letting go but I haven't much experience, the actual head of the toadstool looks very healthy and strong. Do you think I should leave it alone or twist the rock so it's facing back up?
  2. R

Come home to this?

Hello all, So i came home to this today, looks like the base of the toadstool is coming away from the lr? Any ideals what i should do? Shall i move it so its facing up again or leave it alone? I have recently purchased a vortech wave maker so i turned it right down when i got home, have...
  3. R

Bubble magus curve 5

Interesting... So when you were searching for the best depth/hight could you tell instantly from looking at the skimmer that that was the best hight? If so what were you looking for to show that it was at its best? Thanks
  4. R

Bubble magus curve 5

Hello all, I bought a new bubble magus curve 5 two weeks ago after seeing a lot of videos on the net and seeing how well they were skimming. I just wondered if any one has any tips why mine not be producing as much skimate as the ones I have seen on the net? The videos I veiwed were of...
  5. R

Help needed i think mt sons clown fish is ill !!

ok so i just bought another test kit and ammonia is 0 - 0.25 and nitrate is 10. Also the midas is alive??? after 3 days of not seeing him at any point of the day inc feeding he poped out from the live rock....still looks ill tho :-( Could these results be a possible sign of the illness i am...
  6. R

i do a water change ever saturday i do 60ltrs on a 300ltr tank inc sump and always run carbon
  7. R

Yeah thought it may be a bit tricky. salinity is 1.024 i us a v2 refractometer and just checked its calibrated and seams fine. i feed them brine and krill mix twice a day. i would up load some pics but not sure how?
  8. R

Hi all, Im worried i think my sons clarkill clown fish is ill, my son is 6 and will be really upset if we loose this fish. So a few days ago we lost are midas after a few days of him hiding away and not eating, he went very dark and died. Now i think the clown may be going the same...
  9. R

Cuc for puffers?

It's a small porcupine puffer, I have one large snail at the mo about 40mm wide. I don't mind cleaning the glass it's the sand I would like a little help with, I water Change every Saturday and vacume the sand but would like something in there working in the week, would a sand sifting star fish...
  10. R

Cuc for puffers?

Hello all, I was just wondering if there's any sort of cuc that I could use in my tank for my puffer? I'm aware that the usual cuc will probably become food but is there anything else I could use as in fish etc to keep the sand clean....er......ish? Thanks
  11. R

skimmer troubles

Thanks guys big help. One last thing, when you say clean the cup do you mean like clean it every couple of weeks?
  12. R

skimmer troubles

Thank you for explaining that for me, so is it a case of trial and error on how to set the air in take? As in watching what the tank and corals are doing? I did notice that when I had it turned up higher my mushrooms & hammer head looked smaller, could that be down to over skimming?
  13. R

skimmer troubles

Hello all, Im having abit of trouble with my skimmer, i have a aquaone skimmer in the sump and dont understand the concept of the air in takes? Is the best way to have the skimmer running so the bubbles slowly overflow into the cup resulting in emptying the cup once a week? i have done...
  14. R

Sump changes

ok thanks, gives me something to think about. i would like a separate refugium but im pushed for space as the sump is conveniently hiden in the cabinet in the corner of the room. Has anyone got any links on setting up a refugium that i could look at and see if i can somhow fit in to the cabinet...
  15. R

Sump changes

Hello everyone, I have been running my reef/fish tank for almost a year now and am thinking on improving my sump tank so i would like some advice from the experts to check what i am planning is adequate... My sump is 50cm by 50cm with the tank water entering at the far left into a filter...
  16. R

1st casualty :-(

Ok thanks, come to think of it he did have the pinched stomach but it wasnt looking at the time somthing to worry about as it was only a small indent (also im fairly new to keeping marine fish so still learning) Well hopefully everything else is fine, i will keep a watch on the fish closely and...
  17. R

1st casualty :-(

Heya all, Broad question hear i no but here gos. My yellow tang died yesterday and i wondered if the way he died can be determined to why he died? Firstly all my other fish seam fine and the levels are fine too. So anyways the tang looked fine i.e no lat line etc but has not been eating...
  18. R

Moving house

Nice on thanks, that sounds good. If i did a water change on the tank then transferred the old water into the bin i would have 60 ltrs which should be enough then i will leave that at the new house for a day or so to get back to temp then i will transfer the fish etc. could i not put corals &...
  19. R

Moving house

hmmm if i did it that way how long do you think i would have to complete the transfer?
  20. R

Moving house

Hey all. I need a little advice, were moving house in the next few months and am concerned about how to move the tack and stock? My tank is only a 60gal so not the biggest but i am still fairly new to this an would much appreciate some ideals on how to do this with as little stress to me...