Search results

1. jrh4711

PFO MH Ballasts Choices

I am having trouble picking a MH system. I am looking at the four types of ballasts. Three are from Champion Lighting the fourth is from Marine Depot. I would like to understand the differance between the four ballasts are. I want to run 2 250w PFO Mini Pendants with 20,000 bulbs...
  2. jrh4711

Pods?

Okay, I have to ask being that I am not the sharpest kid in the class.:dummy: What is a Pod? What do they eat? What eats them? Where do they live? What are the benefits to them? What are the downfalls to them? I am looking for a 30 gallon sump/fuge for a 75 gallon reef...
  3. jrh4711

octopus skimmers?

Has anyone had any experiance with this brand? Are thay comparable to ASM's? Any info would be apreciated. Thanks, :dunno:
  4. jrh4711

Looking for a vendor that was at the IMAC

I was at the IMAC in Chicago earlier this year and I saw a vendor that made needle wheels for any pump. The booth had a display with a large pump recirculating water in a small tank the pump was putting out tons of micro bubbles. I am still shopping skimmer for the 75 gallon tank and...
  5. jrh4711

Filter Socks

I am having a bit of trouble finding filter socks and need help and advice. First what size micron for filtering before the skimmer? Second where can I get them?
  6. jrh4711

75 gal plumbing

Here is me plumbing plan for my 75 gal FOWLR. Could everyone check it out and give any feedback on what I missed or if I need to add anything.
  7. jrh4711

RO and salt mixing system???

I need any ideas or recomendation on a RO salt mixing system for the basement so I can pump the mixed water up to the tank upstairs and eventually the other tanks in the basement. Can anyone please help out I need RO system, pumps and plans. I have 3 - 55 gal drums and need ideas.
  8. jrh4711

Hello all

Hi all, New to the hobby err.. addiction and to RS. This is my first salt water tank and will most definatly need some help. This will be a fish only with live rock. So far I have 75 Gallon All Glass Aquarium Pro Clear 200 Wet Dry with protien skimmer Rainbow Lifeguard UV sterilizer...