Search results

1. D

Coral Beauty looking poorly

Hi all. We lost a royal gamma a couple of months ago due to what we suspected initially to be ich. We got him out of the DT and started hypo salinity in a borrowed tank on the kitchen table but he died on the second day of treatment. Any ways, we suspected that our problem may not have been ich...
  2. D

TDS readings from new RO filter

Hi guys After 4 years in the hobby I have finally invested in an RO filter and TDS meter. The filter in question is a TMC V2 pure, which I let run to waste for a good 6 hours before collecting my first container. The TDS reading I received was 40 ppm. After a further 6 hours, 20 ppm. This...
  3. D

Freshening up water containers

Hi all My faithful 25ltr RO water containers that I use to haul RO about in (and store for short lengths of time) are starting to smell a bit funky. Seems wasteful to bin them but I'm unsure what would be a safe cleaning agent to use. They are jerry can style so there's no chance I'll be...
  4. D

Dark Hippo's RSM130d - returning to the hobby

Hi all, Been a while since i've been on here - but my enthusiasm for the hobby has recently been rekindled by a friend of mine getting a tank, so I'm back into the hobby again with renewed vigor. I have a four year old RSM130d and have plans to: 1) convert to "Steve's LEDs" (rather than...
  5. D

RSM 130d Lid Disassembly

Hi All, Looking at installing an autofeeder for the holidays and have found a thread here at RSM Owners involving an Eheim feeder sat on a sheet of Perspex. For this to work, the front portion of the lid is left open to make room for the feeder. Well I've bought the feeder and I reckon I can...
  6. D

DarkHippo's RSM130D

Hi All, I've been reading threads on the RSM owners club for a while now, and I've decided to make an honest citizen of myself! Our tank has been running since March this year and its our first tank - marine or otherwise. Its a 130D with a Tunze powerhead, a V2 phosphate reactor and...
  7. D

Hello from a new member

Hi All, I've been keeping a RSM130d since March and have really enjoyed the hobby. Its our first tank and while the learning curve was steep, we're glad we took the plunge of going straight to marine. So far, we have two True Perculas and a Bubble Tip, a Dwarf Red Stripe Angel and a CUC...