Search results

1. B

Powder Blue Tang vs. Melanurus Wrasse

A 3" melanarus wrasse jumped from an acclimation box after a day when I left the cover off. In the 120g tank that it jumped into is a 2" PBT that continuously chases the wrasse back into hiding when/if it comes out. The tang has been in the tank for about 2 months along with a yellow tang(added...
  2. B

Koralia 12v

I've decided to install a Hydor Korilia Wavemaker in my 150g reef aquarium. My question is, what 12 volt pump model is recommended on each side if placed in the upper, rear corners of a 4' x 2' x 2' tank full of live rock and mostly soft and LPS corals? (Hydor Koralia 5, 6, 7, or 8)
  3. B

return anti-siphon hole

I just finished setting up a single overflow 150G tank with a 900GPH sump return pump. I got lazy and bought a AGA Mega Flow overflow kit with the loud anti-siphon hole in the 90 degree elbow. Can I drill a new hole in the pipe below the tank waterline and/or overflow waterline, and plug the...
  4. B

shopping for a 48" light fixture

I just bought a new 4' long 150g tank without a canopy. What are some of the favorite LED fixtures to mount or hang over a tank full of clams? Also, I have a 14000k 250w MH bulb over my older tank that makes a great shimmer effect. Do LED lights make a stronger, weaker, or just a similar...
  5. B

How many clams?

How many different clams, if any, do you keep in your tank?
  6. B

Two Little Fishies Marine Snow

I bought some Marine Snow invertebrate food about 3 weeks ago and started using it intermittently. Now, 2 days after using just a small dose for the third time, a few corals, some snails, and an urchin are dying or dead. I know that I'm supposed to provide tank parameters and such, but I'm...
  7. B

Current Outer Orbit wattage upgrade

I have an Outer Orbit hanging light fixture from Current. The 150w MH bulb just isn't bright enough anymore so I'm thinking about changing the ballast to a 250 watt. Can I do this by just replacing it and the bulb, or does the fixture and/or other parts need to be replaced as well?
  8. B

yellow colony polyp overtake

How can I get rid of some parazoanthus gracilis' or yellow colony polyps? They used to look nice about 7 or 8 years ago, but they've slowly taken over about half of the rocks in the tank. I've stacked and laid many different things over top of them and spent hours with knifes and tweezers...