1. NemoChirp

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

2+ years old
  2. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

Thanks
  3. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

It's been a while since I last uploaded photos of my tank. Super storm Sandy wiped my tank clean back in November. I started back again from scratch. 1 plus year old before Sandy: 7 months after Sandy:
  4. NemoChirp

My overflow is from www.lifereef.com.
  5. NemoChirp

1+ year old BS (before Sandy) 3 Months Old AS (after Sandy)
  6. NemoChirp

Hurricane Sandy victims please read

I lost all livestock in my tank and when i turn on my computer i am reminded of what i used to have.
  7. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

Help!!!!!! I'm seeing new growth on my Acan frags. Quite a few on this one frag. I would like to remove it from the frag and mount it on a live rock in hopes that it will spread out. Any advise and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thank You!!
  8. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

You can still install the float switch with a floss in the basket. That is how I had it before.
  9. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

Yes. I am using Tunze. Before I had my sump, I have both float switches between the skimmer (TurboFlotor) and heater area.. I was able to put the JBJ heater under the 2 return pumps. Same here. I am adding 2 more float switches with the ReefKeeper Lite with NET.
  10. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

Just to add. All float switches are attached using the magnets that came with the package.
  11. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

Here you go. I have the main float switch installed on the sump. The other one, on top of the media basket. I removed the floss because it screws up my water level. I just use a filter sock on the sump. I had to remove the canopy in order to get the float switch there. Thanks.
  12. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

Stand by.
  13. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

Thanks. 9 months worth of patience. :)
  14. NemoChirp

Hb rsm 130d

Hello everyone. I have been a member for quite some time. I have read a lot of the topics in this forum. Even asked a few questions. This forum has been a big help to me. Ive gotten good advises for buying equipment and help on how to lower my nitrates. I guess it's time to share photos of...
  15. NemoChirp

Are these Xenias dead?

They were thriving before. Almost stretched themselves up to the surface. Then about a few weeks ago, little by little they started shrinking.
  16. NemoChirp

Are these Xenias dead?

Thanks DesertOrchid. I'll just have to keep monitoring it and hope it doesn't melt.
  17. NemoChirp

Are these Xenias dead?

My Xenia just gradually collapsed to what it is now? I checked my water and everything is normal. I have a Kenya, Star Polyps, a clam a a few mushrooms. All of them except the Xenia seems very health and thriving. Will it ever bloom up again?
  18. NemoChirp

Aaaaaahhhhhhh. Can't get rid of Algae!!!

Thank You all for your advise. I stopped dozing the tank with Vodka. I hope the diatoms don't come back. Crossing my fingers.
  19. NemoChirp

Aaaaaahhhhhhh. Can't get rid of Algae!!!

Just an update, my tank is now algae free for 1 week now. Added a couple of hermits and 3 snails. I have been adding 3 ML of vodka for 2 weeks now. I am not sure if that did the trick or maybe tank progression completed but I'll stop dozing the tank with vodka next week and see if algae comes...